TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
breakbeat Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Unhappy my point............. - September 25th 2009, 03:55 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i honestly think this and plus its true. but i dont see a point in me being alive anymore. and sometimes i wonder why i dont just off myself or something

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ngikhona Offline
Inkululeko.
I've been here a while

Name: Keeley Siobhan

Re: my point............. - September 25th 2009, 10:27 PM

Hey there breakbeat.

I'm sorry you feel this way, it's such a terrible feeling to feel like you have no point. The thing is, if you killed yourself you'll never get to see what potential you have. Everyone has some sort of point in life, but sometimes you have to wait and see it. Maybe you can try thinking of things you like doing or are good at-- they don't have to be things you love or are amazing at, but things you enjoy. Then, you could try to do something that somehow incorporates these. For example, if you like to help people, maybe you could try helping out at a homeless shelter or hospice care. If you like kids you could try helping out at a school that maybe has a high percentage of kids who come from immigrant families so you could help them learn English better and such. I think trying to help out in the community could help you find some sort of sense of purpose and up your confidence, even if you don't find "your point". If you really are feeling suicidal, I'd urge you to try to call a helpline (hotline numbers can be found HERE) or check out some of the stickies at the top of the Depression & Suicide forum. Good luck with things and if you need anything or have any questions just PM me.

"Love me for me, accept the fact I'm true, live like I want, fufill my dreams,
Dream of me, run out free, capture your words and never let them go."

I'll see you on the other side.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: my point............. - September 26th 2009, 04:51 PM

Hey,

There is always point. You are the point because you are worth it. You would be missed if you weren't here. You might think that no one cares but you will have touched many peoples lives and there is always someone who cares. I can understand that right now everything might feel so pointless but everything won't always be like this. Things can and will change; it might not happen overnight but things will change. They can't stay this way forever. If you gave up you wouldn't have a chance to experience this. I think that no matter how bad life gets you should never give up. If things are that bad right now then they might not be able to get any worse and so they will only be able to get better. You deserve to be happy and you will get there so keep hanging on.

If you ever need anything at all then I am always here. Stay strong

(#4 (permalink)) Old
breakbeat Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Re: my point............. - September 27th 2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImogenMae View Post
Hey there breakbeat.

I'm sorry you feel this way, it's such a terrible feeling to feel like you have no point. The thing is, if you killed yourself you'll never get to see what potential you have. Everyone has some sort of point in life, but sometimes you have to wait and see it. Maybe you can try thinking of things you like doing or are good at-- they don't have to be things you love or are amazing at, but things you enjoy. Then, you could try to do something that somehow incorporates these. For example, if you like to help people, maybe you could try helping out at a homeless shelter or hospice care. If you like kids you could try helping out at a school that maybe has a high percentage of kids who come from immigrant families so you could help them learn English better and such. I think trying to help out in the community could help you find some sort of sense of purpose and up your confidence, even if you don't find "your point". If you really are feeling suicidal, I'd urge you to try to call a helpline (hotline numbers can be found HERE) or check out some of the stickies at the top of the Depression & Suicide forum. Good luck with things and if you need anything or have any questions just PM me.

well i did try to do stuff like that. i even started a group to help feed the hungry through music. like get local bands to play benefit shows to raise money for my local food bank. but ive just lost interest in doing that anymore. i have a friend that took over the group for me. but i just dont get the feeling of accomplishment from doing that.

Closed Thread