TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shadow90 Offline
Not a n00b

Why Me? - September 30th 2009, 02:05 AM

I've been posting so many threads on these forums. But it's cause my life is going down hill.

First, school isnt going so well for me. I'm in my second year of college and I'm still not getting that good of grades. I fall behind and I cant catch up. Its a problem ive had since high school.

Then on top of that, I have the worst problems with girls. In high school I never went on one date. I know the argument is that there are plenty of girls out there. But the problem is, everytime I looked for a girl, they always looked away from me. In high school I was turned down by 6 girls. One of them, started to talk about her new boyfriend the moment
I was walking up to ask her out. Another completly ignored me after I asked her out. Another, said she liked me and went to a homecoming dance with her. I asked her out and she accepted. But later cancelled. Then, two hours later, a girl who I did like, but wasnt ready to ask out, began to talk to me about her amazing new boyfriend. Then on top of that, I went to my senior prom with a girl who I had a crush on. Everything was going great; until after the prom. She then chose to not talk to me again. I later learned that she only went with me so that she could go to prom and didnt care about me.

After all of this, I was heartbroken. Then I met my girlfriend. Everything was great for 7 months. But the last couple of months have been bad. I've come to the conclusion that she wants me only so she can have the future and family she wants. With no regard to what I want. I've thought of breaking up with her. I've thought about going back to the girl who I went to homecoming with because we have been talking a lot more recently. But then I start to think about myself. She did want me. Then she learned more about me. I am quiet. Not in sports. Not strong. Not a musician. Not jock. Not a rebel. Not even a nerd. Just some quiet kid who doesnt do anything. And my glasses. When she first met me, I didnt wear them. For homecoming I did. They just make me feel weird and uncomfortable. They also dont do good things for my confidence. Ive thought about surgery and contacts but they arent for me.

All I can think about is failure and rejection. Even if this girl does reject me. How can I even hope to find a girl without having to think of rejection and how much I suck at life?

That's my life right now. I need help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SpaceSailor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why Me? - September 30th 2009, 04:54 AM

My personal opinion on your situation (and you can tell me if you think I'm wrong) is that you lack in self confidence and self ambition. I don't think this is really about girls.

Before you mentioned about how your grades are down, and now you move onto girls - do you honestly think your a failure in everything?

What are somethings you are good at? What are some things you enjoy? Do you have any hobbies? Art? Chess? Writing? Maths?

I think you should split with this girl your with now and work on building yourself up (not physically, but mentally/emotionally). It sounds like your not happy with yourself and if your not happy with yourself, then no one else will be happy with you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Shadow90 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Why Me? - September 30th 2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceSailor View Post
My personal opinion on your situation (and you can tell me if you think I'm wrong) is that you lack in self confidence and self ambition. I don't think this is really about girls.

Before you mentioned about how your grades are down, and now you move onto girls - do you honestly think your a failure in everything?

What are somethings you are good at? What are some things you enjoy? Do you have any hobbies? Art? Chess? Writing? Maths?

I think you should split with this girl your with now and work on building yourself up (not physically, but mentally/emotionally). It sounds like your not happy with yourself and if your not happy with yourself, then no one else will be happy with you.
As I re-read my post, I realize that it is pretty unorganized. I was pretty upset when I wrote it. Sorry about the jump from grades to girls. There just two problems that bother me a lot. To answer your question, the best thing I can do is write. I write lots of stories that I just sort of keep to myself. I've submitted a few stories to publishers, but they all send letters saying that my stories arent what they are looking for. I also like watching movies. I love getting lost in the overall story and setting. Other then that, there is really nothing that I'm good at. I used to play basketball, but I wasn't too good at it. I used to try and draw, but I was never too good at that either. My one art teacher my senior year in high school helped me for a few weeks, but then she sort of ignored me after that.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SpaceSailor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why Me? - October 1st 2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow90 View Post
As I re-read my post, I realize that it is pretty unorganized. I was pretty upset when I wrote it. Sorry about the jump from grades to girls. There just two problems that bother me a lot. To answer your question, the best thing I can do is write. I write lots of stories that I just sort of keep to myself. I've submitted a few stories to publishers, but they all send letters saying that my stories arent what they are looking for. I also like watching movies. I love getting lost in the overall story and setting. Other then that, there is really nothing that I'm good at. I used to play basketball, but I wasn't too good at it. I used to try and draw, but I was never too good at that either. My one art teacher my senior year in high school helped me for a few weeks, but then she sort of ignored me after that.
Hey I like to write too, and I have sent some stories off to publishers and competitions before. I have won some competitions but I get turned down by publishers all the time. Do you belong to a writers group? Or do you go to creative writing seminars? Or writing classes? They are just a few ways to keep yourself busy and happy, as well as meet girls.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Shadow90 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Why Me? - October 1st 2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceSailor View Post
Hey I like to write too, and I have sent some stories off to publishers and competitions before. I have won some competitions but I get turned down by publishers all the time. Do you belong to a writers group? Or do you go to creative writing seminars? Or writing classes? They are just a few ways to keep yourself busy and happy, as well as meet girls.
I dont belong to a writing group. I think there is one at my college. I'm a little nervous about joining a group just cause I'm a shy person. I've just always sort of keep my writing to myself. I know that I've gotten better at it, but I still am a little nervous about meeting people cause of fear of rejection.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Shadow90 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Why Me? - October 1st 2009, 03:50 PM

Okay I just checked. We dont have a writing group at my college. Kind of bummed me out a little.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
SpaceSailor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why Me? - October 4th 2009, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow90 View Post
Okay I just checked. We dont have a writing group at my college. Kind of bummed me out a little.
What about just in your local area? It doesn't have to be in your college... Just somewhere that is easy and close for you to get to. Do a google search. I'm sure you'll find something.

Closed Thread