TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Brittany

done. - October 6th 2009, 07:10 AM

ive struggled with thoughts of suicide for so long.

I hate college. I am miserable, and I am not going to be successful not matter what my grades because I don't enjoy what I am doing.

I have been in love with a girl who can never love me back for almost four years now. yeah, she's a close friend, but it just fucks with my mind.

I might as well give in. I am done. its over.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Wishable Offline
★ Listen Up, Destiny
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Caroline

Re: done. - October 7th 2009, 02:34 AM

Hi Brittany,

You are not done. Don't you dare give up yet! I know there is still fight in you, I know it! Deep down, underneath all that weight and misery there is a brilliant fire raging, and that's who you really are.

Stand up, get out, do whatever you have to do to calm your thoughts. You are an incredible person, I've talked to you some in the past and I know that you are much stronger than you give yourself credit for.

Get help, talk, and remember that there IS another side, even if it seems so far away it IS there. PM me anytime okay? Keep your head up, I know you can do it.

need some hope? click this one
know an angel? tell me about it

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: done. - October 7th 2009, 09:19 PM

Hi there Brittany,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been struggling for a long time with these suicidal thoughts that you are describing.
It is very good that you're here, talking to us. Talking can be very beneficial and can help you to sort things out and even just reflect upon things, which can actually be quite helpful and therapeutic.
Being a teenager can be difficult. It sounds as though you're not having a very good time at college which must be very hard for you if you're there a lot. Perhaps you could talk to the college about your problems, if they have a counsellor there then you could even consider going to talk to them, infact, that would be a great idea.
There is no need to give in or for things to 'be over', Brittany. Things can change and there is plenty of time for that to happen. If you're feeling suicidal or having thoughts of suicide then I'd strongly suggest that you DO reach out to someone and tell them how you are feeling right now as it is important to keep yourself safe when you're not feeling stable. There are so many things worth living for, try and find those things, Brittany.

Don't give up.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
silentmuffin Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: done. - October 8th 2009, 03:07 AM

Why are you in college for something you don't enjoy? Maybe you should try looking into other programs and find something you actually like doing. Then it won't be such a miserable experience.

How do you know this girl can never love you? Are you just psyching yourself out or is there really an issue of why you can't be together? If there is, then that's just life. Not everything can work out the way you expect it to. There are always other people out there to fall in love with, and you can remain close friends with this girl and have a great relationship with her even if you can't be together.

I can understand you being upset about your situation, but it's certainly not hopeless in any way. You just need to make a move.

Aš tave myliu, Nanny. I'm carrying your love with me.

Closed Thread