TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Romulus Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: Ryan

It's not worth it... - October 7th 2009, 07:31 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I cant take it anymore... I'm tired of the lying, the cheating, the pain, the loneliness, putting up with a family who hates me... No friends to be with, a family who actually say they don't care... I'm sick of it... Life's not worth living. I hate it. I want to cut everyday and so far I haven't but it's getting harder and harder... I hate life. I want to die.

"It is good to be a cynic it is better to be a contented cat and it is best not to exist at all. Universal suicide is the most logical thing in the world we reject it only because of our primitive cowardice and childish fear of the dark. If we were sensible we would seek death the same blissful blank which we enjoyed before we existed"
  Send a message via AIM to Romulus Send a message via MSN to Romulus Send a message via Yahoo to Romulus  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
how.we.operate. Offline
~Sing Me To Sleep~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: It's not worth it... - October 7th 2009, 08:12 PM

hugs
dont let it get to you, all of us on TH are here for each other. if you ever need someone just remember that there will ALWAYS be someone no matter what.
im sorry that life isnt great where you are, but keep trying, the fight is worth it. you run into roadblocks and hard times, but in the end there is always something that makes life worthwhile. you may be reading this and thinking no there isnt, but yes there is. i don't know what your life is like so i can't say what these good things are, but they are there. you may even think they arent good but they are there.
life is precious, keep going no matter what. prove everyone who is against you WRONG.
if you need anything PM me

Leave the past behind, just walk away
When it's over, and the heart break
And the cracks begin to show

*~*~This little girl was alone in the world~*~*
Hold Onto Hope

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Romulus Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: It's not worth it... - October 8th 2009, 03:32 AM

Life sucks and is a waste of time.
  Send a message via AIM to Romulus Send a message via MSN to Romulus Send a message via Yahoo to Romulus  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: It's not worth it... - October 8th 2009, 04:11 AM

Ryan,

I know that life may seem pointless right now but you will not feel that way forever. Things fade with time and that goes for these thoughts of suicide.

I know it is hard but please hang in there because you deserve to live. Life has so much to offer and you, I am sure, have a lot to offer the world. Don't let all that disappear because you are feeling so low. Things will look up.

Do you think you could find someone to talk to? A therapist or a teacher or another trusted adult? I know it can be hard but if you found someone you trusted to talk to you might start feeling better.

I am going to give you a link to some hotlines. If you ever feel really low try giving them a call and seeing if it helps. I called a hotline once and it was really really helpful.

Hotlines. - TeenHelp

If you like music here is a link to some songs that might encourage you to keep on fighting.

Hold On (To Hope) NEW - TeenHelp

Also, I am going to give you a link to a thread that lists reasons to live. Maybe going through that will help you too. Also, maybe making your own reasons to live can be helpful as well.

Reasons to Live - TeenHelp

Ryan I know things are hard now but please hang in there because they will get better. You know, you do not deserve to be told by your family that they do not care but no matter what they say you do matter. Sometimes family members say hurtful things because they themselves are hurting and they want to hurt others. But, their words do not reflect the truth in any way.

Ryan you really are important, okay?

If you ever want to talk please feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Romulus Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: It's not worth it... - October 8th 2009, 04:26 AM

I've felt this way through most of my life. It has never gone away.

I don't have any teachers and cant afford therapy and I would rather cut off my arms than trust an adult.

I once called a hotline... they put me on hold for 30 minutes and I hung up.

And if they weren't telling the truth why do they want me gone? They keep trying to get rid of me. I've been homeless several times and actually have to bribe them in order to live at home.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
solost10 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sarah

Re: It's not worth it... - October 8th 2009, 12:50 PM

If no one is willing to help you then take yourself to a mental hospital, that's what I did. Don't give up life is worth living for even if you don't see any reasons right know.
 Send a message via ICQ to solost10  
Closed Thread