TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Katie Offline
Not a n00b

Name: kate

thats it. i give up - October 13th 2009, 02:08 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

there is no reason to bother anymore, im just gonna give up and see what happens. im done fighting to stay alive. im going to my doctor tomorrow and if she wont pay any attention to me this time, im jumping off the multi-storey car park.

"No one can make you feel inferior with out your consent" Eleanor Roosevelt

"Come on:
Gentle my lord, sleek o'ver your rugged looks;
Be bright an jovial among your guests to-night"
(Macbeth, Act3, Scene2, William Shakespeare)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: thats it. i give up - October 13th 2009, 06:45 PM

Hey Katie,

I am sorry things are so bad right now but harming yourself will not accomplish anything. All the bad times you are experiencing right now have a way of turning around you just have to give yourself some time. I know it is a hard thing to do but keep holding on because life has so much to offer.

Now, I am going to give you a link to Reasons to Live - TeenHelp . I know this list has helped me in the past so maybe it will help you. It has a lot of great reasons to keep holding on and it can bring a smile to your face.

Once you look at this list I recommend that you make your own and sticky them all around your room. That way whenever you are sad you can look at the reasons to live and keep on fighting.

I think talking to your therapist would be a great idea and let her know exactly how you are feeling. I am sure she will listen and try to help you get things back on track.

Please hang in there,

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: thats it. i give up - October 13th 2009, 06:56 PM

Hiya Kate

Im really sorry for the way you are feeling. But well done for posting...very brave of you.

If things are that bad for you, I do reccomned you see the doctor and tell the truth about how you feel. They will help.

Dont give up.

If you are rock bottom, then things cant get worse.....so you have to look up and things will get better.

As Jenna says....please use the link. It will help a lot

I have faith in you and I know once you get to see a therapist you will get better - just hang in there and try and find something positive to hold on to.

Take care and remember if you get really suicidal you can always go to the local hospital and they will help.

Jaymi
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jovial. Offline
Skittles Minion.

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Trish

Re: thats it. i give up - October 13th 2009, 07:29 PM

Katie,

I understand your having a tough time right now. I strongly urge you to tell your docter, or someone that you trust. you really dont have to deal with everything alone. There are so many people that can help.

Think about it for just a few minutes what would your parents, your friends, if you have siblings. what would all these people do with out you.

I hope everything goes well for you, and if you need anything dont hesitate to pm me.

Take care
Trisha ;]

I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are
LHO|PM|VM
  Send a message via Yahoo to Jovial.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Re: thats it. i give up - October 13th 2009, 08:14 PM

Katie,
I know things see tough now but your young and have your whole like ahead of you.Maybe you should think about seeing a new doctor if you feel this one doesnt listen you to. Harming yourself wont help, have you tried making a life plan? I made one when i was depressed and it's something that you can look back at whenever you feel sad and remind yourself what you are working towards in your life.

Life can be good just have faith that your life will get better. pm me if you need someone to chat to .
  Send a message via MSN to Beautiful_mind Send a message via Yahoo to Beautiful_mind  
Closed Thread