TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sleep2Dream Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Hopeless - October 27th 2009, 08:41 PM

Today, I have gone back a few steps. Today, I feel so depressed, so hopeless, and utterly alone. I've slowly realized that I have no one to talk to---to confide in and it hurts. It hurts to know that you are in a world full of people and not one person seemss to care. I just want to cry and part of me doesn't even know why I want to cry. These emotions that I'm feeling are just so strong that I suppose I don't really need a true reason to have it all make sense. I don't know what to do to make myself happy again and I don't know where to turn. I just want to be happy. I don't want to feel this down---this sense of hopelessness.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pug girl!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bre :3

Re: Hopeless - October 28th 2009, 12:36 PM

Hey there I know how that is one day be fine and the next feel like your at the bottom. Try and remember your not hopeless and your not alone! We are all here for you and though we can't be there physically we are cheering you on each day here. I know how it is to feel like you have no one to talk to and that life is just a mess but also when life goes up and down it comes back up again. Just hang in there and hold on as it'll be back up before you know it! PM if you wanna talk and remember we all love you and are here for you<3

LIVE HELP ASSOCIATE
08/07/14 Social Networking Team

She walks away the colors fade to grey. - Black Keys

Keep your head up, you're only one grey day away from sunshine.

10/15/2015- The day he came into my life and made it all okay.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Hopeless - October 28th 2009, 08:50 PM

Hey there.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're struggling so much right now. I know it's not easy trying to deal with such emotions, but you've made a big step by reaching out and asking us for some advice. That's not an easy thing to do so you should definitely be proud of yourself for taking the first step towards getting help.

You can and will be happy again. You just need to keep telling yourself that. I understand that at the moment, it doesn't feel like you'll ever be okay again, but you just need to have hope that all these bad feelings will pass. We have a ''Reasons To Live'' thread here on the site, which I find helps me a lot in realizing that even though things are really bad right now, there are still those little (or big) happy things out there. You can find that thread here if you want to take a look.

There are people who care about you, I can promise you that. Loads of people here care about your wellbeing, even if we mightn't know you personally. Everybody deserves to be happy, and nobody deserves to feel like they're on their own. I think you should try to reach out to somebody near you. A parent, sibling, a different family member, teacher, school counsellor.. just anything who you feel you can trust. People do want to help, you just have to let them help. Here's a list of Hotlines which you can call when you're not feeling too well.

Crying isn't a bad thing, you know! Crying is our body's natural way of releasing all those bad feelings that build up! I know it's difficult not really know why and not having a reason for the way you feel, but that's okay right now. Just let yourself cry out all the feelings, and eventually, things will start to fall into place. Talking to somebody about how you are feeling can definitely help you sort out reasons in your head as to why you're feeling so bad at certain times.

I'm a strong believer in having hope, no matter how bad things are. We have another thread here that is full of songs about being hopeful and just generally inspirational music. You can check that out here. Music can help so much when you're feeling down, so hopefully you can find a little relief from that.

Keeping all your feelings bottled up certainly isn't going to help you. As well as talking to somebody near you about how things are going, it might also help you to write down your feelings in a journal. It can be a good way of keeping track of your emotions and might even help you see what is causing you to be down at times. You could also keep a Blog here at TH. Just a few ideas.

If you need to cry, cry. If you need to scream, scream. Get all those emotions out, don't keep them inside. You can get through this, I know you can. Just stay strong. We're all here for you. <3

Closed Thread