TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Deadpool Offline
Yip yip

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

I Don't Know Whether There's A Point For Me - January 25th 2009, 03:06 PM

Well sometimes I get upset over the smallest thing but then it'll make me feel worse and I'll get really depressed about things.
So many times I've wanted to reach for the pills but I've never done it because I wanted to achieve my goals in life, I wanted to get married, have kids, have a good career. Now though, I have no clue where I'm going in life. I don't even know if I want to get married or have kids anymore. I'm afraid that there's nothing to stop me from reaching for the tablets anymore. I don't really know what I'm asking for on here but I just needed to write this down.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
silentmuffin Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I Don't Know Whether There's A Point For Me - January 25th 2009, 03:50 PM

That's the great - and confusing - thing about life. Goals change. Circumstances change. Opportunities change. But goals are always there. Opportunities are always there. And circumstances just change how you go about achieving your goals and making the most of opportunities. People often feel like their lives are going down a one-way, dead end street, and that they're going to be stuck at the end with no way back out. But life isn't like that. There are no one-way dead end streets. You can always turn around or find a different route. You have plenty of time to discover where you want to go and how you want to get there. Sometimes you end up having to go through bad neighborhoods and places you don't want to be, but there's always a way out of those places. It's kind of a cheesy metaphor but I think it fits nicely. You're young. You don't need to be focusing on everything you may ever want and how you're going to get it. Set more realistic, short term goals...and make sure you're having fun while trying to achieve them! The bigger goals will show up naturally as you get older, and you'll be ready then to decide if you want to pursue them and how.

Aš tave myliu, Nanny. I'm carrying your love with me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I Don't Know Whether There's A Point For Me - January 25th 2009, 04:39 PM

I know exactly how you feel. It is a great yet confusing life. If you ever need to talk you can PM me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Barbed Lungs Offline
Crazy Cat Lady
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nicola

Re: I Don't Know Whether There's A Point For Me - January 26th 2009, 10:21 AM

Each day of our lives is different. you never know what could happen tomorrow that will make you want to carry on with life, or change your life.If you want it enough, i'm sure you'll achive your goals in life with a little determination and perseverance. Don't give up! Life is worth more than that, and it could take a turn for the better any time. You're unsure of your goals in life now, but sit for a moment and really think about them. do you have plans for a career? have something that you really enjoy? well think about really excelling and doing something that's entertaining. Don't focus on the negative. Remember your life is what you make it, and can be how you want it to be.

---
- I'm not strong enough to stay away -
- and I wanna leave -
- and I wanna stay -
- And I'm so confused -
- So hard to choose between the pleasure and the pain -
---
  Send a message via MSN to Barbed Lungs  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
newbie552 Offline
choose wisely
Experienced TeenHelper