TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
-Mind-Freak- Offline
Not a n00b

Unhappy Real pain feels like... - November 2nd 2009, 09:10 AM

Wow, I didn't know mental pain could get so physical, I just feel like someones literally ripping my heart to shreads, like pulling it from each side until it breaks, my throat is one big knot and I feel something scratching it on the inside, and hollow, oh my I feel soo hollow. I genuinely feel bad for anyone else who has ever felt like this. In a way it makes me feel alive, but the truth is it's really desperating and exhausting :l

I'm in the worst pain I've ever been in and starting to have mixed episodes (depression combined with hypomania). oh fml :l

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Real pain feels like... - November 2nd 2009, 11:55 AM

Hey there,

I understand what you mean about feeling some physical pain alongside your emotional pain, I too sometimes experience that and I don't think that it's uncommon. I also sympathize with your mixed episodes including hypomania. It is truly awful when your emotions are up and down and I can understand why you're feeling so bad right now if you're having to go through that rollercoaster of emotion. It is exhausting, so don't try and stress yourself out further, take some time out just for you and try to relax. Pick up a hobby and put your all into that, distractions can be of great use when your emotions are playing up.
Have you ever talked to a professional about how you've been feeling? If you're having mixed episodes then it may be worth having a psychiatric evaluation and seeing what help you could get for that, such as therapy or medication or even a mix of both. There is a lot of help for you if you're willing to go out and get it. If you already do have some sort of regular support then do not hesitate to contact them and tell them how you're feeling - they are there to help you. You do not have to go through this pain, especially not alone. Things can improve for you.

Hold on and keep strong.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
asyoulikeit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Marissa

Re: Real pain feels like... - November 2nd 2009, 04:48 PM

I agree with Stephanie. You're far from the only person whose mental pain comes with physical side effects, and I know feeling hollow like that is a horrible experience. You can definitely feel alive in a more positive way than this, I assure you.

I'd suggest getting into therapy if you're not already there, and maybe looking into the option of medication as a supplement. Nothing alone will cure you of this feeling, but with a steady supply of support and comfort you can start to figure things out and find your happiness again.

When you start feeling physically bad, try to sit with your feelings and see exactly what (if anything) is triggering you. It's important that you don't run away from what you're trying not to think about, even if it's painful. I hope that you find and use your support system; take all the help that's available to you.

You can do this, I know keep posting and PM if you ever want to talk! Take care <3

When you say "never", I'll say "lie"
When you say "always", I'll say "true"
When you say "love", I'll say "you"
I'll say "you"

It gets better.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Through-Glass Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: Jessi

Re: Real pain feels like... - November 2nd 2009, 04:50 PM

Hey there,

I think it's so great that you decided to reach out here for help. It can be so hard to talk about these sorts of things, yet it helps so much when you do. Great job; you are so incredibly brave and strong.

Is there anyone in your life who you could talk to about what you are going through? A close friend, teacher, or a relative could be a good option for you. It's important that you realize that you are not alone in this; you will never, ever be alone. There are people around you who want to support you; let them. It can be such a relief to let some of the burden just roll off your shoulders.

I know that what you are going through is so hard, but you will get through this. You have already proven that you are a strong individual; things will get better for you, I promise. Just continue to stay strong and take care of yourself.

Take care, and if you'd ever like to talk, please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

[/url]
"For the first time
in a long time,
I can say that I wanna try.
I feel helpless for the most part,
but I'm learning to open my eyes.
And the sad truth of the matter is,
I'll never get over it,
but I'm gonna try
to get better and overcome each moment
in my own way"

Motion City Soundtrack, "Even If It Kills Me"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Through-Glass  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
-Mind-Freak- Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Real pain feels like... - November 3rd 2009, 03:43 AM

Wow, thank you so much for your replies! you were so honest and you really got what I'm talking about. I'll be okay :] thanks

Closed Thread