TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
foxchick4 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Melissa

lost - November 11th 2009, 12:50 AM

Idk what to do anymore. It seems like life is just pointless. everything seems to be going wrong and idk what to do about it. ever since i was little my parents have fought. i remember being so scared i didnt know what to. im the oldest so i never had anyone to look up to. but now, even though im a little older, im still a teen and im still scared. when they're fighting and i cant do anything about it i feel like that little girl sitting up in her room by herself crying, all over again, i feel helpless. like nobody cares and that there's no point in even trying. i feel like i cant be happy at home and even at school there are issues. i'm so overwhelmed and i just cant deal with it anymore. its not worth it. so many people that meant so much to me and helped me through so much are just gone now and idk what to do. i'm so afraid of something rly bad happening and i just dont know how to deal with it all. my friends try to help but they dont rly understand. i know they want to help but it's hard to try to talk to people that dont understand what ur going through. i just dont think i can do this anymore. its all becoming way too much.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: lost - November 11th 2009, 02:42 AM

Hey there Melissa,
Welcome to TeenHelp!
Sorry to hear you are going through such a rough time. Don't worry though, it will get better. Have you tried talking to your parents about how you feel about them fighting? Some parents don't realize how much they are hurting their children just by fighting in front of them. Remember, your parents can read your mind so unless you talk to them, they will never know how you feel. Do you have a school counselor or a therapist to talk to about this. It's okay to ask for help, especially when you are having such a hard time like this. Most schools have guidance counselors you can talk with and most of them are really understanding. Also, it may feel like none of your friends understand what you are going through, but you'd be surprised how many teens have had to deal with similar things throughout their life. Hang in there Melissa. Let me know if you ever need anything. I'm happy to talk.
Take care,
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
nobody123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: lost - November 11th 2009, 03:21 AM

I can relate.. PM me if you ever want to talk.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
foxchick4 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: lost - November 11th 2009, 05:09 AM

I've tried to talk to my parents about this before and it just doesnt work. it makes it worse to try and talk about it cuz its "none of my business." so there's nothing i can do but i feel resposible. like theres something i should be able to do and i cant figure it out. i just feel useless. theres no point in trying anymore

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: lost - November 11th 2009, 05:59 PM

Well when you talked to them did you say how you feel? They might not want to talk about why they are fighting but maybe you can tell them how you feel when they fight. See if you can find a counselor at school to talk to about it. None of this is your fault. It is normal to feel this way. You can always ask your parents if there is anything you can do to help them out. You never know until you try. Hang in there Melissa.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
foxchick4 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: lost - November 11th 2009, 08:23 PM

I've told them how i feel before and i still just get shut down. i feel like i dont matter. like no one could care less how i feel and what happens to me. there are some people that say they care but i still feel so alone. and when i get shut down by my parents it just makes things that much worse. like i dont matter to them

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: lost - November 11th 2009, 10:29 PM

You do matter Melissa. We care about you. Like I said before, you should find someone you feel comfortable talking to about this. It will help you realize you aren't alone and lots of people care about you. Just because your parents fight a lot doesn't mean they don't care. It just means they are going through a tough time also.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: lost - November 12th 2009, 09:34 PM

Sometimes we go through things we never ask for. I once felt so much pain I didn't care for anything. Sometimes I would just start crying because I was tired of everything. We all never ask for trouble or pain but if finds us still. But the pain and trouble will subside and disappear. We all just have to hold on until they do. Hold on Melissa, the trouble will pass, i know how hard it can be, just hold on. We are all here for you.

Closed Thread