TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Katniss♥ Offline
Just A Freak
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Katniss

I Feel Numb... - November 11th 2009, 02:36 AM

I feel like nothing is worth it anymore... I want to die. But I don't want to die... it's confusing, but how can I distract myself from this feeling?

I've been depressed for years, but this suicidle thing is new. It's not like I'm attempting suicide, I just need to distract my attention from the feeling until my concling appointment on monday.

How can I distract myself?

Thanks.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Yale Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Yale Gerber

Re: I Feel Numb... - November 11th 2009, 05:27 PM

Call friends. Listen to music. Sleep. Take a walk. Blast music. Those are just a few suggestions. And don't distract yourself to distract yourself. Distract yourself to have fun.

But in the end, the most important thing to accept is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Alexx Offline
Average Joe

Name: Alex

Re: I Feel Numb... - November 11th 2009, 05:40 PM

Like Yale said, friends, music, sleeping, walking. A good book of some sort, or tv series you can watch. Art. Any computer or video games, online sites, sports.

I use deviantart.com a lot because I find the artwork and photography distracts me immensely. I also watch House lots because there are so many episodes I haven't seen, and they're brilliant distractions. Although sometimes it's just so hard to be distracted.

I'm sorry about how you feel :/ I think I feel the same way, and it's so difficult.
You're being amazing, though. Good luck with your appointment. ♥

(#4 (permalink)) Old
lilei_girl_08 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Trisha

Re: I Feel Numb... - November 12th 2009, 05:10 AM

i know exactly how you feel. im going through the same thing. but you can always talk to me. i always seem to have better advice for others, than myself.
  Send a message via AIM to lilei_girl_08  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Flawed Poet Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I Feel Numb... - November 12th 2009, 11:09 AM

You can message me if you would like, but I find that poetry helps get the feelings out and at the same time presents you with an end result that you can be proud of and it helps people hear you. It could also help your therapist understand where you are coming from if you show them the poems. It serves many purposes. All the previously mentioned thingslike music and exercise and even just watching idk things like videos of puppies. It seems to work

(#6 (permalink)) Old
pandally2panda Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I Feel Numb... - November 13th 2009, 12:39 AM

I don't know, but for me, internships and volunteering really helped. it totally distracted me, but i guess that's more like long term...for short term,um,youtube, worked for me

Closed Thread