TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Just a nobody Offline
Lonely.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Guess?

Time. - November 13th 2009, 03:51 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

It's almost 11:00pm where I live. My parents are sleeping. This is the perfect oppertunity to do what I've been dreaming about for a long time. I feel like crap, to be honest. I feel really stupid and useless. I wish I was pretty. I wish I was skinny, and I was smart. But I'm not. I'm doing the world a favor by getting rid of one less ugly person...me. You're gonna say "I'm sure you're not ugly!" If you saw my face, you would die. I'm that ugly. The world is better off without me :/

I love : )

"Love is simple... Don't be afraid, you're already dead."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: Time. - November 13th 2009, 04:04 AM

Please relax and take this into consideration.

1. To most guys, looks are unimportant and, in my opinion, skinniness doesn't matter in the least.
2. Everyone is better at different things than one another. Believe me, I know, I always grew up with the straight A kids in all honors classes so, to this day, I believe that I'm the class idiot. But so what? Smarts aren't everything. Life is about more than just what's in textbooks.
3. The world is not better off without you. I can promise you if you were to die many, many people would mourn you. I've seen it happen before. An average, every day girl committed suicide and the entire school was in tears for a month simply at the thought that someone they had known for so long was now gone, and I'm sure she felt just as you do now.

As life goes on, it will always have the chance to improve, no matter how much you doubt it.

Bonus: Laela is a beautiful name

"What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
-George Eliot

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
-Groucho Marx

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin."
-Grace Hansen

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Just a nobody Offline
Lonely.
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Time. - November 13th 2009, 04:12 AM

Jack,

Well you must be a lot different than any guy I've ever meet. I've been rejected for my looks so many times. But I also bet that "average everyday girl" had friends. Had a non-abusive family. Had good looks. Actually could get a man in her life. Anyways, thanks for liking my name I like your name, Jack, as well.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Just a nobody Offline
Lonely.
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Time. - November 13th 2009, 04:34 AM

Eh, sorry I'm such a loser.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Time. - November 13th 2009, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love ____. View Post
Jack,

Well you must be a lot different than any guy I've ever meet. I've been rejected for my looks so many times. But I also bet that "average everyday girl" had friends. Had a non-abusive family. Had good looks. Actually could get a man in her life. Anyways, thanks for liking my name I like your name, Jack, as well.
Haha, why thank you. And regardless of whether or not Sydney (the average girl) had friends, people who didn't even know of her until then were crying. I mean I hadn't talked to her since about 3rd grade and I had to keep myself from bursting out.
Anyways you are not a loser, and don't let yourself think that. I understand that you've had a difficult life, but it always has the opportunity to improve, and I can promise you of that.
I'm sure you'll find love eventually, and here I can personally relate. My friends tend to pick at me for my looks and it's taken its toll, but I'm not going to let them get to me, as you shouldn't let your low self esteem get to you
I promise you that looks can only go so far. The people that get together because of looks rarely ever last because they soon realize that no amount of beauty can override a horrible personality.

-George Eliot

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
-Groucho Marx

-Grace Hansen

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Just a nobody Offline
Lonely.
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Time. - November 13th 2009, 05:06 AM

Awww I guess you're right. I realled like the last sentence. That should be a quote or something. I don't understand how people react to death, in my school, we've never had any deaths so we're oblivious to it.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Time. - November 13th 2009, 05:23 AM

I'm absolutely ecstatic that I could've been of some help
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, as they say, so don't worry about looks (i'm sure you're beautiful in some way ).
Trust me, no matter how hard it is to see, people do care, they just don't always realize how special you are to them until tragedy strikes.

Have a great night Laela (still loving that name)

-George Eliot

-Groucho Marx

-Grace Hansen

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Chriz Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Chris

Re: Time. - November 13th 2009, 06:06 AM

to tell you the truth there is nothing much left to say. the jack guy already mentioned it. beauty is only sin deep. you shouldn't be upset about your looks. what so good about skinny girls anyway? your you and they are well them. how can others learn to love you when you dont love your self. and people who judge book by their cover cant be your true friends. i learned that the hard way. ad your beautiful in your own way. some people just dont see it.

Closed Thread