TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

done. :/ - January 9th 2010, 02:13 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Nothing happened today. Nothing bad anyways. I mean I'm sick and in some pain but nothing to end my life over. But I feel sooo done with life. I just want to die. I just want to stop living. I'm so sick of feeling happy then sad then happy then excited and anxious and nervous and UGH. It's all these feelings and I hate it! What's the point? It's driving me mad. I just want to die. Tonight. I don't want to wait.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
VoodooGirl Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sam

Re: done. :/ - January 9th 2010, 02:27 AM

Please, don't. That will be taking the oppurtunity away from life getting better, don't give up, ever.

It's not the solution. I don't really know you, so I don't know your reasons, but watever they are I'm sure there are better solutions than this. Nothing that is broken can't be fixed.

There are many people who care about you. I know that because I don't even know you and I care about you. None of them want to see you go.

Please please, don't.

PM me anytime, ok?

Take A Sad Song and Make It Better (8)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Junior TeenHelper

Re: done. :/ - January 9th 2010, 02:35 AM

The only thing that's broken is me and no, it can't be fixed. :/ I want to die.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
VoodooGirl Offline
Not a n00b

Re: done. :/ - January 9th 2010, 03:04 AM

You can be happy. If you give yourself that chance.

Why is it you want to die? What's the problem?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Junior TeenHelper

Re: done. :/ - January 9th 2010, 03:11 AM

Because I don't see the point in living to be happy for the little moments just to turn around and be sad the next. Or feel excited and really happy but you know that's gonna end soon too. All good things come to an end. What's the use in going through that disappointment?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
VoodooGirl Offline
Not a n00b

Re: done. :/ - January 9th 2010, 03:26 AM

That's what makes life life. The good moments and the bad. They make you who you are.

Your looking at the glass half empty. Don't look at it that way. Not everything good ends, so much lasts. I know. Instead of dreading the bad you have to find the good.

Life is not about the good moments and the bad moments. Life is about making the most of everything. Finding the good, and the fun where it can't seem to be found. It's about learning, and growing, helping. It's about so much more.

You can find amazing friends, even if you have to go through some bad ones. You can find true love, even if you have to have your heart broken. You can become a stronger person, even if it means going through hardship.

Life is an adventure. I just wish you could allow yourself to see it that way.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: done. :/ - January 9th 2010, 03:38 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry you are struggling so much but I want you to know that things can get better.

Firstly I want to say that sometimes when a person is sick or suffering from some type of pain their depression gets worse. I know it sucks but that could be the reason you are feeling so low right now.

I really think that you should consider getting some help for this. I know that seeking medical assistance can be hard to do but in the end it could be really beneficial.

In the meantime I am going to give you some links that might help you out and might help you keep on fighting.

The first link is Reasons to Live - TeenHelp and this link gives a bunch of good reasons why we have to live. After you go through that list maybe you could consider making your own list? I know that making my own reasons to live list was really helpful and it actually made me see that I had reasons to keep on fighting. If you make a reasons to live list you

The next link I am going to give you is a link to Hold On (To Hope) NEW - TeenHelp this gives names to songs that encourage hope and encourage us to keep fighting. I know that listening to good music has helped me in the past so it might just help you.

The next link I am going to give you is a link to some Hotlines I know that while it is scary to call a hotline they can be really helpful. The people there are usually pretty understanding and they truly want to see you make it through this pain.

The last three links I am going to give you are links that I found that give people a place to start looking for a therapist.

APA Help Center - Find A Psychologist
health facilities, mental health information center
TherapistLocator.net - Home Page

I believe the first two links are centered more for the United States but the last link is sort of for all over. I want to stress that while the therapists on there might not be the best choice for you or might not be able to see you due to insurance or distance they might be able to give some advice on where to look for a therapist and such. Therapists usually have a list of a few good therapists they know that they can recommend to people.

Please know that your life is important and if you ever need anything feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#8 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Junior TeenHelper

Re: done. :/ - January 9th 2010, 04:13 AM

I just don't see the point in it. In even trying. I have no will anymore. I really don't.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Crescendo Offline
Walking The Line
Junior TeenHelper

Name: ...

Re: done. :/ - January 9th 2010, 03:10 PM

Hey-
I'm sorry you're feeling so awful right now.

just wanted to encourage you to reach out for help to people in your life because it sounds like you may have a mental illness such as Depression. Many Mental illnesses like depression are treatable with medication, therapy, and lifestyle changes such as eating balanced meals and getting enough sleep. It is however very very hard to go it alone. Your life is valuable, and with treatment things CAN get better.

here are a few things that kept me alive:

1 ) sometimes when i feel like people would be better off without me i watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv2DyzhxpA0 its a music video that is about suicide, and has real parents whose kids killed themselves talking about how hard hard losing their children. the video is only a few minutes long and may make you rethink if you believe that your family would quickly move on.

2) if you are at home and are having really strong urges/racing thoughts try filling up a large bucket or bowl with ice water, elet it get really cold for a few minutes, and then stick your face in it as long as you can a few times. it's incredibly hard to think about how much life sucks when your face is in ice water. taking a 3-5 minute cold shower can also have this effect.

3) We all need somebody to lean on. Reach out for help and support from people online, at a hotline, or who you know and trust. If you think it would be a burden, imagine that you had a friend who killed themselves and in the note said they didn't reach out for help to you because they didn't want to "bother" you. asking for help now will be a lot less painful/burdensome on another person than killing yourself would be. if words aren't doing you justice, try art!

4) distrac(hey look a butterfly!)tions. coloring in coloring books. getting out of the house and reading in a coffee shop. playing solitare. masturbating. get creative!

5)sleeping. a lot.

6) relaxing. taking a hot bath. curling up under a blanket. drinking tea. tightening all my muscles and then one by one letting them relax.

-square breathing
take very slow deep breaths. inhale for two counts, then exhale for two counts. as you count inhale one two, exhale one two picture a side of a blue square forming (or any other calming color) for each count in your mind. so each inhale is two sides of a square, and each exhale istwo sides, creating a full square.

-Visualization.
In this technique, you form mental images to take a visual journey to a peaceful, calming place or situation. Try to use as many senses as you can, including smells, sights, sounds and textures. If you imagine relaxing at the ocean, for instance, think about the warmth of the sun, the sound of crashing waves, the feel of the grains of sand and the smell of salt water. You can also use visualization to imagine yourself doing well in an anxiety provoking situation- a sort of mental rehersal.

7) feeling like i have a purpose. weirdos do great things. most great artists and inventors had some major issues, but they are thought of as major contributors to our society. if you stick around, maybe you would help the world in some way, even if its just by being a kick ass mom, or mentoring a teen who has no one to look up to when you are older.

8) fear of afterlife. mean i think most people who consider suicide are crossing their fingers that your spirit doesn't live on after death.
but there are a lot of people and religions who don't believe that. in a lot of religions that believe in heaven and hell- like christianity- suicide is just as bad as murder and is a ticket to hell. i dont believe in hell, but a lot of people do, so its good to take it into consideration, just in case. people say hell may be a lot of different things- but none of them sound all that fun. and its an eternity of feeling like shit where you cant kill yourself.
some eastern religions believe in incarnation. but that seems risky too. i mean, what if you come back as a child sex slave or something? that would suck.

what i'm getting at here is:

LIFE CAN GET BETTER, BUT DEATH MAY LEAD TO AN ETERNITY OF SUFFERING YOU CANT KILL YOURSELF TO ESCAPE.

9) letting out my emotions. havinga good cry. buying a cheap plate at a thrift store, decorating it to representmy problems and SMASHING it. jumping on bubble wrap. screaming. doing art. writing.

10) picking the lesser of two evils. if it comes down to suicide or another harmful behavior, pick the other harmful behavior that will keep you alive (just dont be mean to anyone else!) cutting, smoking, drinking, starving yourself, sleeping around, maybe not the BEST coping skills. but if your desperate, and it will keep you alive, why not? check out the book "Hello, Cruel World: 101 alternatives to suicide for freaks, teens, and other outlaws" by kate bornstien. she has quite a few unconventional suggestions to staying alive.

the only thing you can count on is change, so why don't you stick around? This too shall pass. Things get better, things get worse, but it won't be this way for ever. Don't be afraid to ask for help. your life is valuable.

Please don't ever hesitate to VM or PM me.
You're NOT alone.

Megan

When the patient's body has betrayed them,
and all the sciencewe have to offer has failed them,
when worst-case scenario comes true,
clinging to hope is all we've got left.
-grey's.anatomy-

(#10 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Junior TeenHelper

Re: done. :/ - January 9th 2010, 06:11 PM

Thanks for all the helpful tips.. I just don't know. I'm not feelin' it. I'm not sad and I don't feel alone. I just think the overall point of living.. is pointless. Everybody says "that's what makes life, life." ..well that doesn't make sense cause what's the point of life?? *sigh*..

thanks for all the help.. I guess it's just really not worth trying.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
xxxAJxxx Offline
TEIAM - problem solved.
Average Joe

Name: Aj

Re: done. :/ - January 9th 2010, 10:37 PM

yeah itt is. you are worth it.

if you need to just talk about whats happening, pm me.

i dont want anything to happen to you

(#12 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Junior TeenHelper

Re: done. :/ - January 10th 2010, 05:22 AM

Thanks, means a lot. I just don't think I can carry on like this.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: done. :/ - January 10th 2010, 07:20 PM

I understand the gloomy feeling. I've felt that way before, just one of those off days where you feel depressed and wonder why you keep going, but I know why you should keep going. Friends, family, people who would care and would mourn if you died. You can't give up on life, because if you do, you'll miss out on so many great opportunites that are coming your way. You can't give up without knowing what the future has in store for you.
*Hugs*

Closed Thread