TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AlenRose_XX Offline
Dancer
Not a n00b

Name: Carsyn

Confused. - January 25th 2010, 06:47 AM

How can I be so sick of life and not want to die?

Am I just being over dramatic?

What is wrong with me?

Why won't these feelings stop?

Why can't I make myself talk to anyone when so many people tell me that I can come to them?

Why do I hate myself so damn much?

I hate these feelings......I just wanna get better...........
  Send a message via AIM to AlenRose_XX Send a message via Yahoo to AlenRose_XX  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
thisiscourtney Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: Confused. - January 25th 2010, 09:26 AM

It's great that you want to keep living and get better. Those should help because you really need to talk to someone about whatever it is that's bugging you. Yes, it's difficult, but at least you have people there for you. It's probably going to take a lot of courage or strength, but you just need to bring yourself to do it, no matter how much you don't want to, because in the end it's what will help the most.

There's nothing wrong with you. Many people suffer from depression and luckily, many people recover. I'm confused as well, and I'm sure most of the people on this site are, so you can talk to anyone anytime. Just shoot me a PM if you want to talk, but as you said, you already have a number of people who have been willing to do that.

Waitin' for my ruca.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
strong-but-weak Offline
Musical mess
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Leah

Re: Confused. - January 28th 2010, 04:46 PM

How can I be so sick of life and not want to die?
Everyone gets sick of life sometimes. It's hard and when you've been trying so hard for so long and you find you aren't getting anywhere, everyone starts to get frustrated and sick of it all. The fact you don't want to die is comforting It means you're strong and haven't totally given up. Keep going.

Am I just being over dramatic?
No.

What is wrong with me?
Nothing.

Why won't these feelings stop?
Feelings don't ever just stop. They're complicated. They have to resolve. They'll go away sooner or later if you just keep going. My favorite tip when it gets like this is to try and accomplish one thing each day. Maybe you clean your room or talk to someone about how you're feeling. Maybe you give someone advice. It makes it worth it while you wait for it all to stop.

Why can't I make myself talk to anyone when so many people tell me that I can come to them?
It's hard because it's very private. Talking about feelings of sadness is harder then you would expect. You have to let the walls down to do. Most people don't even realize that they have walls until they want to break them.

Why do I hate myself so damn much?
I can't answer that. You have to.
But do try to tell yourself things that you don't hate about yourself. beautiful hair? Eyes? Acknowledge that. Are you talented? Use it. Find things you like about yourself. Find the things that those people that offer to listen like about you. There is something. You just can't see it right now.

And no matter what my heart [</3] says
I have to let you walk away
maybe someday

I can't fight for you anymore
But it's too hard to watch you fall.
But watching you go breaks my heart
But I want to.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: Confused. - January 28th 2010, 05:04 PM

I think thats brilliant, you are very strong that you want to get better. Everybody at some point gets sick of life, its hard, especailly since you are trying so hard.

Your not being over dramatic, its completetly normal to feel how you feel. If others think you are being over dramatic - then they are wrong.

Nothing is wrong with you, you are just going through a tough time. Everybody at one point will feel things are wrong with them, but the truth is nothing is wrong with anyone....people get physicall and mentally ill but it doesnt mean they are wrong, or have anything wrong with them. You are a human being, and like I said nothing is wrong with you.

Your feelings wont stop, because you wont let them, you are using these thoughts as a safety blanket and you are scared to let go. In order to stop these feelings you have to want to, and you need to step out of your negative comfort zone.

This is completely normal, not being able to talk. You might just be a shy person. Or you just may not want to cause panic or fuss. You have to realise if people tell you that you can come to them, you can, they wouldnt have said anything ifthey didnt want you to speak.

You hate yourself, because you dont belive in yourself. If I said...I believe in you, then you wouldnt believe me, but if I said, I dont believe in you, you will believe me. Change those negatives to a positive, and instead of making lists of things you hate about yourself. Try and find some positives.....I will find one for you.....you are an open caring person.....

Getting better is a brillaint step, just remember though, 1 step at a time. If you fall, dont worry, its just a step back, but you can recover.

Take Care

Jaymi
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
Closed Thread