TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
smokinbabe Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brittany

i feel so alone - February 1st 2010, 01:40 PM

i am the kinda girl that ALWAYS picks myself up and lives the day to the fulliest. I cant stand being sad. But lately i have been. i would put a smile on my face just to make everyone else happy and not worry about me. But something is telling me to just give it up and talk to people. But when i try it always leads to my boyfriend making me sad. I....I....just wanna sleep all day. I hate getting out of the house. I just cant take it anymore. I dont know how to make myself feel better. for the past week i have been so depressed that i cant eat. And when i do its not much cause my stomach wont keep it down.. Does anyone know of somethings that i can do to take my mind away from it all..?? or something i can do to get rid of the depression?

Brittany Loves Timothy

(#2 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: i feel so alone - February 1st 2010, 04:31 PM

Hiya

Im sorry to hear how you are feeling. It must be difficult pretending you are fine when you are clearly not.

However there are ways to help you if you get suicidal, or very depressed;

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-d...-reasons-live/

I think you should definatly get some counselling because it would be able to let you speak your mind without anyone knowing and without putting you under pressure.

To get rid of the depression you could get assessed for medication, but you would have to speak to a counsellor to get to see a psychiatric nurse to asses you,

Dont worry, they are not going to drug you up or hospitaliize you, they are just there to help with overcoming your sadness.

Good Luck and I hope everything turns out fine.

Jaymi
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Ivan"Chandler" Brown

Re: i feel so alone - February 4th 2010, 06:02 AM

i agree i think you should go see a therapist or counselor of some sort and talk with them about what is making you sad. And the'll try to help out to the best of their ability. i know exactly how you feel so if u need help with anything at all you can pm or vm me i am on pretty much every night and i will be more than willing to talk to you about anything.
Chandler
  Send a message via AIM to Brighter.than.sun Send a message via MSN to Brighter.than.sun Send a message via Yahoo to Brighter.than.sun Send a message via Skype™ to Brighter.than.sun 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: i feel so alone - February 4th 2010, 06:50 PM

Hey Brittany,
I'm sorrry to hear you are feeling like this but remember, there is always hope. Try to think about yourself and not others for now. I mean like don't hesitate to ask someone for help. Reaching out is a big step but once you take that step, everything just gets easier and easier and you start to feel better. It doesn't have to be your boyfriend remember. It can be a friend, family members, teacher, or counselor. If you can talk to someone about how you are feeling, you won't be keeping everything inside and you will be able to move on with your life. If you don't feel comfortable talking with someone in your life, ask your parents if you can talk to a therapist. You won't be burdening them at all because it's their job to help people by listening and giving advice. You may also want to try calling a hotline for someone to talk to. It just shows someone is here for you, even if it's on the other side of the phone line. Remember, all of us here on TH are here for you, you are never alone. I want you to check out these stickies because they are very helpful in finding out who to talk to, how they can help, and more:

Depression and Suicide Resources:
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-d...ide-resources/
Who can help me when I'm suicidal?:
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-d...n-im-suicidal/
Hotlines:
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t22-hotlines/

Hang in there Brittany, things will get better.
PM me if you need anything at all or just want to chat.
Take care,
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

Closed Thread