TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
aaron_1 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Aaron

Is it normal to feel relieved once decided on suicide? - February 3rd 2010, 02:58 AM

I'm not gonna post my whole life story on here, cause i don't like that sorta thing.

Have you ever decided on suicide and feel relieved and happy whenever you think bout it?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Is it normal to feel relieved once decided on suicide? - February 3rd 2010, 05:29 AM

Hey there,

In answer to your question; yes I have but then I really thought about it and I thought about everything that I would be sacrificing and I realized that it wasn't what I needed.

It took a lot of scary nights for me to come to that conclusion but when I did I felt so relieved because I realized that as hard as life may seem there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Sometimes it takes a good while for that light to shine through but it will and you will be so happy you hung on.

Can I ask what is causing you to feel this way? Feel the need to harm yourself? Maybe if you talked about it more and got some support and feedback you would realize it was not the best choice for you.

Are there any people in your real life that you could confide it? I know it would be a scary step to take but it might help you out quite a bit.

I am going to give you a link in hopes that it helps you. It is called Reasons to Live and it lists a lot of reasons why people keep on fighting. Something I did after reading through that list was sit down and make my own list. It helped quite a bit to see all the reasons I had to live.

The first time I made that list I only had two reasons to live but as time went by more and more reasons started to come up and now my list is over flowing. The same thing could happen for you.

I am also going to give you a link to some Hotlines. I have found hotlines extremely helpful in the past and maybe you will too. It always helps to talk about your problems.

Please do not quit fighting and if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Katie

Re: Is it normal to feel relieved once decided on suicide? - February 3rd 2010, 07:07 PM

When I tell myself that 'there is still this final exit if the pain won't go away' it makes me feel relieved.

These walls that I can't break down...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
xxxAJxxx Offline
TEIAM - problem solved.
Average Joe

Name: Aj

Re: Is it normal to feel relieved once decided on suicide? - February 3rd 2010, 07:40 PM

I feel the same. Im close to it right now.

"Now at the end of everyday I lie awake at night and wait
To feel the wires of my brain get cut and quietly rearranged, and
Hear my beaten heart exclaim, 'Still, I refuse to let her go.'"

So we escape to our mistakes for they wait patiently for us.
Oh, how they always wait for me.

If my fear has kept me here only my fear can set me free."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lacey

Re: Is it normal to feel relieved once decided on suicide? - February 3rd 2010, 07:58 PM

Hey Aaron,
I have felt that way before. I had a plan and everything and I was happy go lucky for 3 days before my intended date. But obviously, I'm still here. Now, I don't know what you wanted to get out of this thread. If you just wanted to hear that what you are feeling is normal, then yes. On the other hand. Suicide shouldn't be your answer. I know it might seem tempting and like there is no reason to go on, but if you really think about it, there are reasons all around you. Like Jenna said, look at that link and try to make your own list. Even one reason is enough to keep going. One of the reasons I had was to make sure that no one made the same mistake my friend made. His suicide was one of the hardest things I have had to face in my life. I don't think he knew how much I cared. Maybe, there are people out there who care so much about you and you don't even know. I care about you. And I really would like to help if you would give me the chance. PM me anytime, really. I'll get back to u as quick as I can.
Also, a good way to try and overcome this is to take ur days hour by hour. Maybe one hour you feel like you wanna do it, but the next you feel like there is hope. Sometimes you might have 5 hours of wanting to do it, but even 5 minutes of hope is worth listening to. Don't give up Aaron. There are millions of people out there who will judge you and belittle you and give you reasons to give up. But you can stand up for you. Show them that your stronger then their words.

Take care Aaron. PM me.

Life is to short to put it off anymore
You gotta live it before itís too late
I canít turn that clock back around
On what youíre dreaming about
You better do it now, donít wait

Do something crazy and dumb, while your still young. <3

Need to talk? I'm here. --->
  Send a message via MSN to *~Circus Clown~*  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Dorkzilla! Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jess!

Re: Is it normal to feel relieved once decided on suicide? - February 4th 2010, 07:46 AM

Yes, I had. When I was younger I told myself that I would kill myself before I turned 16, but before then I would just jack up my life and not care. But, I was set on killing myself, and it made me feel good, like nothing could hurt my at all. But, then, at 14 I attempted suicide and I realized very fast, laying there in that hospital, that I did not want to die. So, even if we think we're sure of something, we never realize that it is permanent and there is no taking it back. I thought I had things really hard back then, I had nothing to live for really, in a constant state of depression. But then I grew up, and now I am married, and I have much more to live for than I could have ever imagined. So, although you may feel happy about a decision you've made now, things change very fast.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Is it normal to feel relieved once decided on suicide? - February 4th 2010, 08:28 AM

In answer to your question, yes, that can happen (it happened to me, even), but may I just take this opportunity to say that suicide really isn't the answer.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: Is it normal to feel relieved once decided on suicide? - February 5th 2010, 04:20 AM

I did once, went through a serious breakdown. Never thinking things could get better. I hit rock bottom then somehow I finally reached a point where my life is better than it ever was since i was at least 8 years old. It's beyond amazing feeling this way. Freedom.

Thus, even in the darkest hour - hold on, tightly - and you'll come out stronger and happier for it. Even if it takes a couple dark hours... eventually it comes.

Closed Thread