TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Need help immediatly, before I do something stupid - February 10th 2010, 04:29 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Im feeling very suicidal, I have pills and I am getting very close to taking them. I want to end it all, I need help, but I want to overdose, so its kind of circle which I cant control

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Need help immediatly, before I do something stupid - February 10th 2010, 04:37 PM

Hey Jaymi.
First of all, I think it's wonderful that you've reached out here instead of just going off and doing what the urges are making you feel like doing. You've already shown an incredible amount of strength and you're doing really good. Just keep calm, Jaymi.

Distance yourself from the pills. Put them away in another room or even just in a drawer somewhere. If you feel you are in absolute serious danger of attempting suicide, call the hospital (or even go there yourself) and let them know what's going on. Perhaps you could even just try a hotline for the moment. The important thing at this moment is to keep yourself as safe as possible and to get yourself around people.

Jaymi, you are a really strong person and I know you can fight through this. You've stayed going for so long, I know you can continue to do so. Just reach out for the help, Jaymi, you can do it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Need help immediatly, before I do something stupid - February 10th 2010, 04:42 PM

Hey Jaymi.

Take a minute to think this through. Remember that this feeling will pass, you're not going to feel this way forever. You can get through this and you will get through this. You're here and you're reaching out for help. That's one amazing step in the right direction, that means that there must be something holding you back. Try and focus on your breathing for a few minutes, just your breathing and nothing else. Push all of those unbearable thoughts out of your head and just breathe. Now can you write up a list of reasons to live, do you think? Like your family, friends, good food, smiles, the summer? Anything at all that's keeping you here right now?

If you end this right now what good will it do? You will never feel that relief that you're so desperately seeking. Move the pills away from you and try to be around people for now, if you feel that you're a serious danger to yourself then call for an ambulance. Don't take any pills, they won't help you. You have to understand that while it feels out of control right now with the right help you can get through this. You're not a bad person, or being silly, or anything at all for reaching out for help. It's amazing that you've found the strength to post this thread.

For now, promise yourself that you will go half an hour without taking the pills. Then try another half an hour, then perhaps up the amount of time you go. Full days can seem a little overwhelming right now, focus on the hours, even the minutes if that helps you. Keep encouraging yourself, telling yourself that you can get through this, everything will be okay soon, this feeling will pass.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything.
Rie.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
UltraViolet Offline
Emotionally Unstable
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lea

Re: Need help immediatly, before I do something stupid - February 10th 2010, 04:54 PM

hiya babe, take a breath...you are going to get through this.
You want to take the pills, you want it all to go away...but you can see the hope that is there, no matter how small.you've got the fight inside you, that so many people havent got, or people lost this fight so quickly.
you are strong, you have reached out right now, right at the point that you were thinking that this was the only way out, you turned to TH.
You deserve help, not just of this site.
Any help there is avaliable, you deserve it, exert all the options of help before you take those pills, before you arent you anymore
xxx

'thanks to you i never trusted...'
- Boy Kill Boy

This depression is a killer...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Need help immediatly, before I do something stupid - February 10th 2010, 04:58 PM

Jaymi,
Please don't. I love you too much. You have come so far in everything you have accomplished and you have so much more to accomplish. You have your whole life ahead of you to do so much with your life. Don't do it now. You can always do it later. Sit down with one of your support workers and tell them how hopeless you feel. You will get through this because you have to come visit the US. Think of all the great things you have planned for you life. You have so much ahead of you and you can't just give up now. You have overcome a lot in your lifetime and that just makes you stronger. You are never alone and we all care about you here. I'm sure you have felt this way before and look at you today. You are still here so I know you can do it again. Stay strong, because you are an amazing person who deserves to live.
I'm here for you.

Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Need help immediatly, before I do something stupid - February 10th 2010, 09:11 PM

Flush those pills down the drain. Don't do it. You know, there are always people who care about you. Whenever I feel horrible and feel helpless, living in the household I do with parents who don't give a shit, I remember my friends who care about me, and life is worth living because of them, and because I have options to get a job and move out, there is just so much out there to live for and I don't let anyone bring me down. You just gotta be strong, and believe in yourself.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Need help immediatly, before I do something stupid - February 10th 2010, 09:36 PM

Jaymi dear.
Take a few deep breaths, and stay calm. Dont take the pills. You mean so much to so many people, you cant give in now. You have come so far, and there is a world out there waiting just for you. This is going to be hard. Its not meant to be easy. You have to work at it, and you have to go through pain and hurt and emotions which are going to kill you inside, but that doesnt mean you cant get past it dear.

Just get rid of the pills.
Hold your self.
Cry.
Have hope and believe.
Deep breaths.
And tell you're self its going to be alright,
because it is going to be alright in the end.

Message me if you need me.
<3

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Need help immediatly, before I do something stupid - February 13th 2010, 07:00 PM

Throw the pills away, or better just as it was said before flush them away. Is there someone you can talk to, a friend or family member who you feel you can trust ?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: Need help immediatly, before I do something stupid - February 13th 2010, 07:36 PM

Took the clonazepam, that made me really drowsy, so thats why I havnt been online much.

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Need help immediatly, before I do something stupid - February 13th 2010, 09:25 PM

Jaymi.

Don't do it any more. You know there are other , better, more positive alternatives

I understand you have been through a lot, but we all wanna try to break that vicious cycle. We are all rooting for you and will support you all the way. alright? Now , several other things you can try are such as reading positive books.. or basically just doing anything that will lighten up your mood, and remind you that there are a lot of good things left .

I know you can overcome every hurdle!

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#11 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: Need help immediatly, before I do something stupid - February 13th 2010, 09:42 PM

Hey, there.

First, you need a virtual hug...no, how about 3?

Now, let's see if I can be of some help

Like somebody else has said, your friends care about you. You have NO IDEA how much it would hurt them if you committed suicide. Like all friends do, they love you to death. In fact, they WANT to help you. That's what friends are for. Sit down and talk with one or two of them about what's going on.

Also, take a nice dose of Soft Rock instead of those pills.

Click on this link to hear "You Are Not Alone" by Michael Jackson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAyKJAtDNCw

It's true! You are NOT alone. If you need ANYTHING, PM/VM or email me!

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Need help immediatly, before I do something stupid - February 14th 2010, 03:47 PM

Jaymi,
Please stay strong. You have so much ahead of you. I know you know the right thing and the wrong thing to do so pick the right thing ok? I care about you so much and I love you. Please talk to your support worker or someone who can help you get through this. You WILL get through this and you WILL do something amazing with your life.
Hang in there

Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

Closed Thread