TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hazzah678 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy hopeless.. - February 12th 2010, 08:40 PM

i was doing so well... i hadnt felt down for ages, i was even starting to get off my flouexetine depression pills for a few days and i felt fine.. i was proud of myself =] but i knew i still needed help for whatever was goin on with me...

until last night and this morning i felt down again... i have an extremely pessimistic mindset like whats the point of living if your just gonna die anyway in the future? Like i saw my grandad in hospital.. he had a fall and now hes extremely confused and doesnt know where he is or why hes in hospital... and i just sit there and think... hes gotta spend the rest of his days like that now... i would hate to live like that =/

Since a massive incident that happened with my sister last year... where shes now been outcast from the family... i was fine for a couple of months and i noticed i was becoming extremely pessimistic of myself and the way i looked, the way i was... i doubted everything about myself and then depression struck... when the doctor told me that it was a typical case of depression.... i just went downhill.. i had panic attacks, had suicidal thoughts ( even though i would never do anything to myself) and i just cant really enjoy anything in life... because of this depression its also affecting my relationship...
Ive been with my boyfriend for 6 months... we were best friends for 2 years before that...and hes treated me better than anyone could ever wish for... but i dont if i love him... even though i adore him loads and hes one of the best people in my life... i just dont know what love is...and everytime i reassure myself that i do love him because im not happy without him... i just get doubts again soon after...

Ever since the whole incident with my sister.. i cant trust my own judgement....I have an appointment to see a psychiatrist next month... but sometimes i jsut think im stuck like this forever

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: hopeless.. - February 13th 2010, 09:44 AM

Well first of all, don't mess around with your medications. Trust me, I know a fellow who seemed to be getting better, everyone thought he was fine, the doctors lowered his medications too fast, and it ended up very bad for him. Just, take your medications as you're supposed to, visit your therapist, and so on.

As long as you do what you're supposed to, you won't be hopeless. As I said, the fellow I know was doing well, until his medicines were messed around with. In fact, I've seen suggestions of slight lifestyle changes that can naturally help the depression a bit, such as exercise, proper diet, sleeping proper hours (7-9 is the normal recommended), drinking plenty of water (about 4 bottles a day), having hobbies, and getting yourself out of the house.

So maybe just get yourself in a nice routine of eating/drinking proper, getting out for a walk with your tunes, taking your medicines, and hopefully you'll see improvement.

You've done well before, so there is no reason to give up now.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
sonic Offline
Chemical kid
Not a n00b

Name: Sonic

Re: hopeless.. - February 13th 2010, 09:55 AM

Hey, I came off my meds early, twice. It isnt a good thing.

An easy way to look at it is like cotton wool, Its helping you keep stable, safe and not as down untill you can sort out whats going on in your life.

You wont be stuck like this forever, You will come out better off, You just need a little help going in the right direction in life, a little support.

People are there to help you, We are here to help you, Dont give up on yourself.

Chemical kid

(#4 (permalink)) Old
sonic Offline
Chemical kid
Not a n00b

Name: Sonic

Re: hopeless.. - February 13th 2010, 09:56 AM

Another thing I remember my psych kept telling me, A half hour walk is the same as a whole antidepressant pill, If you can make a habit of getting out and going for a walk, even around the block it does help.

Chemical kid

(#5 (permalink)) Old
hazzah678 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: hopeless.. - February 13th 2010, 06:41 PM

Hey thanks for the advice and yeahh i usually go out alot anyway... i woke up today still feeling a bit down but as soon as i went out, i felt loads better Thankyou so much for all the support :P Im back on top again Yesterday must've just been a bad day xxx

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: hopeless.. - February 13th 2010, 09:25 PM

Happens to everyone, Hazzah. Glad you're feeling better.

Closed Thread