TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
UltraViolet Offline
Emotionally Unstable
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lea

Thumbs down this might sound bizzare - February 20th 2010, 05:01 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

ya know when your depressed, obviously you feel low.
and with suicidal feelings, like better if i wasnt here...etc
i've just felt really faint, day dreaming, and the urge to die was so strong
i cant even describe it
like i could see it before my eyes, i felt really up[set and angry, just like i was gonna pick up a blade or something and stab myself
yes im finding everything really hard right now.
but i dont get it
if SH is a way of coping then y am i feeling this massive huge urge?
im so lost.

'thanks to you i never trusted...'
- Boy Kill Boy

This depression is a killer...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: this might sound bizzare - February 20th 2010, 05:38 PM

Lea,
When you are feeling this way, your mind doesn't use reason, it uses emotion. So, you don't need a reason to feel the way you do, emotions tend to just take over. What you need to do is make a plan when you aren't feeling this way that will get you through the times you do feel that way. Whether it's leaving a list of alternatives to SH by your bed, memorizing a phone number you can call so people will help you, asking your friend to join you so you won't do anything you'll regret, or all three, find something that'll work for you. SH is an unhealthy way of coping for many people which isn't just a coping method, it's an addiction. It's ok to feel that urge, but try to find a way to not give in. There are so many other coping strategies that help you even after the rush of emotions. For example, writing, going for a walk, calling a friend, etc. I know it's hard but you can get through this. I believe in you and you need to believe in yourself. PM me anytime.
Stay strong,
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: this might sound bizzare - February 21st 2010, 06:28 AM

This happens because sh actually only serves to increase the negative feelings you are having right now.

Truth is that there are so many other better, helpful things to do in order to make everything better. Like maybe going shopping, reading a good positive book, or just talking it out with someone you know. one things you could do is what you did, which is tell us what you are going through and then we'll help you =) there's a lot of positive things and activities you can do that is way better than SH. =) remember that, and never forget it.SH-ing actually only makes everything worse.

Repeat: there are so many better alternative methods of coping!

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Don'tLet'sStart Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: this might sound bizzare - February 22nd 2010, 12:03 AM

As said above, Self Harm only increases the negative feelings. For some, it makes feel better, but if at all, only for a very short amount of time, and after a while not at all.

As opposed to harming yourself, you need to find other ways to relive yourself, ways that are positive. Try writing out your feelings, listening to music that calms you, other things that help get your mind off the issues, or makes you feel more at ease with them. Always seek for help when you need it. Contact someone and talk to them.

Nobody wants you to be gone, and the feelings of wanting to die is just you hurting. In no way at all would anything be better off with you gone, only worse. Things however will get better, and you just need to stick through this all, and we are here to help you stick through it fo sho.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Don'tLet'sStart  
Closed Thread