TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
nir Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

i am the worst person person ever - February 26th 2010, 09:19 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i have an issue. But if you think about it, it really wouldn't be an issue to you.

but it's a very big problem for me.

to simply put it. I AM BORED. And yes i think i'm sounding like such a b**** for saying this when all over the planet, people are suffering. but it's very painful since i need stimulus to live. i need things happening, i need things to do that i find worth the effort.

but nothing's ever worth the effort anymore! why is that?!

i used to draw, to write to do art stuff, explosions ugh.

and now whenever i try to do something, it just doesn't feel worth doing anymore. I stop.

it's made me really depressed. my friends can't help. they're good people. but they just don't understand me to that extent.
sometimes i wonder if they even know me...or care to know at all....

i'm so bored i could just kill myself. but then how do i see where this life is going?!

This hurts too much...it's like....
you want to die because what else is there to do... but you can't because you need to see how things turn out....but nothing is happening in the first place!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
kim700 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i am the worst person person ever - February 26th 2010, 10:56 AM

You have to have a drive and ambition...something you want to make out of yourself in life to keep you going. Most importantly you have to have God because without him you will feel like just ending it all. You have to stand for something or you will just fall for anything. When people die they either go to heaven or hell. God won't accept you into paradise after you killed yourself and shortened the days he gave you. You have to have some type of belief or something that keeps you going no matter what. You have to be strong and be able to handle life. Your an artist people may not understand you,but as long as you truly understand and LOVE YOURSELF nothing else matter. God is a friend who will never leave you ,and he is always there to talk to about things. When you feel bored,depressed,and alone remember you are never alone. You have your whole life ahead of you and the devil wants you to give up and kill yourself but don't you fall into his plan. Plan out your future and start setting goals that you need to work hard to reach. Godbless!!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: i am the worst person person ever - February 26th 2010, 06:34 PM

Hey there,

I actually think that this is an issue for a lot of people and I can understand that it could be a very large problem for people. Infact, I can really relate to what you've described.
When I am feeling depressed it is often because I am bored and I am not actively doing something else. Therefore, my mind wanders and I begin to think about how I'm feeling. A great step forward is learning to distract yourself and keeping yourself preoccupied with things that interest you. You say that you used to enjoy art - do you think you could try and take that up again as a hobby? Even if it doesn't feel as thought it's 'worth it' right now, it's still distracting you and allowing youto give you some time for yourself which is very important.
I don't think that being bored is an excuse to kill yourself, you may not be happy right now and you may feel demotivated but that could all change if you take action to try and preoccupy yourself, with whatever you want - art, going out with friends, keeping up with work.
If you're really struggling with this to the extent that it's having a negative impact on your every day life, you could consider talking to a counsellor, which may help. They're rather good at helping you plan out days and schedules, helping you to feel better in yourself.

Take care.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: i am the worst person person ever - February 26th 2010, 09:37 PM

Hey there,

I agree with pretty much everything that has been said!

What do you want to do as a career in the future? What do you want for yourself in 10 years time.. a family, marriage, car? Do you want to go to university? Set yourself some aims of what you would like to achieve.. Even if it is a weekly to do list and try to do everything on it, it can keep you active. You could join a club, perhaps an art club? As Jenna said, you could start doing art again. You could try writing poems, stories.

Hold on to the things you want to do in life, nothing is more valuable. Think of all the people out there who have had theirs cut short due to things like accidents, illnesses, poverty. Life is a precious gift and shouldn't be wasted.

Besides, what about all the people you would leave behind? Your family, friends, everyone around you would notice you missing. They would experience such pain and devastation, you can't imagine that. They will blame themselves - do you really want them to feel like that?

PM me if you ever need to chat,
Take care.
Anna

Closed Thread