TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ILoveHim4Ever! Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Louise Gambino

Unhappy How do I tell him how I feel? - March 2nd 2010, 01:28 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have been depressed and have had on and off suicial thoughts for at least a year. the past 2 nights i have had nightmeres where the first one my brother was dead in a casket (which i think has to do with him recently moving out and the illeagal stuff that he does) and the second me and my brother on a roof top and he disapeared and i jumped off the edge. i know i need help and i want to get it before it gets any worse. the only peson i have told is my friend and i just told her last night and she has helped little. i asked her if she thinks i should tell someone and she said yeah. i want to tell my school guidance counler but cant bring myself to tell him. last time i tried i chickened out at the last minute and told him i was there for working papers. i reall want to tell him but dont know how. any help is greatly appreiciated.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: How do I tell him how I feel? - March 2nd 2010, 02:57 AM

Hey. What about writing a note to your guidance counselor. Sometimes that helps start a conversation. Also, if you want, take a look at at this thread.

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jessie

Re: How do I tell him how I feel? - March 2nd 2010, 04:12 AM

i was in this same situation several times my freshman year for anorexia and self harm/suicidal thoughts. For the self harm my friend actually turned me in without my knowledge of it until after it was done and I was there. I hated him for it at the time but it didn't take long for me to see that he had really done me a huge favor.

For the anorexia I had a friend go in with me that knew about it. I would suggest this. It helped to take the pressure off me some and it wasn't a one on one conversation. I have found when facing difficult situations like this it helps to have a comforting face around.
  Send a message via AIM to kingsprincess724 Send a message via Skype™ to kingsprincess724 
Closed Thread