TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
wishingwell Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

what is it ? - March 7th 2010, 10:49 AM

So I've never been diagnosed with depression. But I have been in hospital because of an overdose. It really hurt my family, because they had no idea for the 6 months it had been going on. I never inflicted pain on myself, but I had overdosed before - just not enough to do any real harm. My best friend... Sometimes I got really upset because of him. for example, once, I overdosed with, I think it was 15 pills? After I told him, he told me never to do it again, then went to sleep because he was sick. Next day, I received a text at 4pm, aafter he'd gone to school. No big deal, I know, but it hurt. That's how insecure I was last year...

It's been around half a year (I went to hospital in August) since then, and I didn't see a counsellor because I was confident I would be ok. I think I saw one once? But I didn't like it, it just felt awkward, talking to a random. And would she really understand me? We came from completely different backgrounds - with me as an Asian, a christian, etc etc. Anyway. this year has been tough. I moved schools, found it a tad hard to make friends at first. and I swear I'm going mad.
It's crazy. i will just burst out crying at the weirdest things. For example, I couldn't find a cd, adn I just started crying for around 15 minutes. What's up with me? Is this some mental illness?

My best friend is studying for the HSC, I now have noone to talk to. He's changed too. It's juts weird now, and I don't wanna give him any more stress. Should I start seeing a counsellor?

Please, help. Any advice is welcomed..

(:

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: what is it ? - March 7th 2010, 11:12 AM

Hey there,

It's great to hear that you got through your hospital stay and what's happened in your past. You seem to be very strong and you should be proud of yourself.

It sounds as though you have had a lot of things going on for you in the last half a year. Moving schools and making new friends is difficult for most people and it's not surprising that it's putting extra stress on how you're feeling.

I think that it would be a wonderful idea to start seeing a counsellor! It's great that you've thought of that yourself and I think it could really help. You've said that you had a bit of difficulty with seeing a counsellor in the past and that's not unusual, sometimes you have to speak to a few people to find someone that you really connect with. It may be awkward talking to anyone about how you're feeling at first, because it's not something that we do every day. However, with persistance, it should become easier and it may be very beneficial for you.

Take care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
wishingwell Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: what is it ? - March 8th 2010, 12:05 PM

Heyy.

Thank you so much for your reply. (:
It really gave me strength - even though that's a tad strange.
Booking an appointment with the counsellor tomorrow. Thank you once again.

(:

While there's life, there's hope.
- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Closed Thread