TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rebecca110109 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rebecca

help - March 15th 2010, 12:13 PM

i am being abused by my mum and bf, please help! i am suicidal and need to cut!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: help - March 15th 2010, 06:19 PM

Hey Rebecca,

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough time. I think what you need to do, is break up with your boyfriend. I know it may be hard, but it's for your safety. Even if he isn't abusing you all the time now, things always get worse. It's not worth staying in an unhealthy and violent relationship. There are many other guys out there who will treat you right. As for your mom, do you live with her? If she abuses you, you can always call the police and have them sort things out. No one deserves to be treated like this. If you don't live with her, I would advise not seeing her often. And when you do see her, make sure you don't go alone. Go with a friend or another family member who knows about the situation.

Cutting may seem like a release, but you really just feel worse after. Every time you cut, you are tearing down your self-esteem. Don't forget to use our alternatives sticky in the SH forum for ways to divert your attention rather than focusing on cutting. Also, it's important to tell people you are suicidal so they can help you. Whether it's a friend, family member, or counselor, it's important to let others in on how you are feeling. Don't be ashamed of it, people will help you. And remember, you're not going to feel this way forever, you will get through this.

Stay strong,

Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: help - March 15th 2010, 06:33 PM

Hey there Rebecca,

I'm sorry that you're in such an awful situation right now.

I think that it's very important to talk to someone if you're facing abuse. It must be difficult being abused by two different people who are meant to be close to you. It's not your fault and you do not deserve to be hurt. You deserve to be healthy, safe and happy. I would strongly suggest that you talk to someone that you can trust and who can help you. You need to keep yourself safe, Rebecca.

You also need to talk to someone about how you're feeling emotionally. Feeling suicidal is very serious and you need to keep yourself safe. Cutting is not a safe coping mechanism and there are other alternatives you can use. I would like to insist that you do reach out to someone about how you're feeling because although it may feel like these bad feelings are in control, they're not. You are in control and you can get through this.

Take care.

Closed Thread