TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

I am feeling... - March 23rd 2010, 07:41 PM

I canít do this anymore....I just about managed to fake happiness today...I canít anymore....I am sooo overwhelmed....I havenít felt this low for over a year....I just canít bear this pain....I know self harming wonít help...It isnít the answer...so why am I so close to giving in....I was the one that broke up with him....he hurt me....I was fine about it before....11 days later he has gone from loving me to loving another girl....Iím not jealous.... Yes I canít look at him but that is cause he hurt me....I wish the arguments at home would stop....they stop me from sleeping...put me in a bad mood.....everyone at school thinks I am only a little down....they think I am a little down because of my Ex ....because of home life....I broke down crying on the 12th at school....I nearly did yesterday and today...But no one can see how broken and cold I am ....they will go to staff ...they will call me attention seeking....they will think I am making it up.....when people at school ask me if I am ok .....ask me what is wrong...I donít answer ...they think I am pushing them away...I am not and if I am I donít mean to....But how can I answer when I do not know myself....sure things arenít easy at the moment.....but itís just normal teenage things....All I know is I feel incredibly low, lost, cold, numb, empty, worthless, pathetic, helpless, hopeless.....

"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  Send a message via MSN to Liz94  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Re: I am feeling... - March 23rd 2010, 07:58 PM

Your not any of those things that you called yourself. You broke up with him for a reason. hes a dick. he doesn't matter at all. Sometimes people are just ready to talk about things with people. it's perfectly fine to not want to let your friends in right now. If anybody calls you attention seeking. well they're jerks. you probably feel really low right now because of double pressure. it sounds like your home life isn't going all the good right now. and when you add a break-up that's only going to make you feel worse. you might have been fine at first but break ups do get to people. have you tried ranting to someone about this? i mean i know you're telling us. but your not really going to detail. it might help if you rant.

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: I am feeling... - March 23rd 2010, 10:03 PM

Elizabeth,

I understand how much pain a breakup can cause. And having to deal with a rough family life must put a lot more strain on you. But that doesn't mean you have to give up and accept things for what they are. You can fight against it. Tell yourself you aren't going to let these things get in the way with who you really are inside.

You'd be surprised how many people out there are really willing to listen to you. There are a lot more people than you'd think who'd be willing to help you. I doubt people will think you are attention seeking, as you have many reasons to feel the way you are feeling right now. I think you should talk to your friends about the way you are feeling rather then not answering them. Who knows? They may be able to be there for you and make everything okay. It's okay to go to staff at your school and tell them what's going on. I know it may be scary at first, but the school counselors do this as their job so they are used to helping kids going through the same things as you. People are much more understanding if they realize you are having a hard time. It's okay to have all those feelings, but it's not okay to keep them bottled up inside. I'm always here if you want to talk.

Stay strong,

Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

Closed Thread