TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

Unhappy What's the point? - March 25th 2010, 10:59 PM

What's the point in all of this if im miserable all the time? Everyone keeps saying that things will change for the better; but I've been this miserable for years and nothing's changing at all. What's the point in anything if we all just die in the end? Chances are I won't do anything memorable, or anything that will change the world, and what would be the point of it if I did? Everyone that I would help in my lifetime would just die at some point too so what's the point of even trying to change the world? I just don't see any point in being here after thinking about everything that I just typed, I don't see the point of painting a smile on my face when I'm dying inside just so everyone else thinks that I'm happy, some sort of help or answer or whatever would be appreciated.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L.K. Offline
Not a n00b

Re: What's the point? - March 25th 2010, 11:36 PM

Hi Laura.

It's true everyone dies at some point, but that doesn't mean you can't make the life you have a good one. Sounds like you have had a hard life up to this point, which I'm very sorry for. Some people just get dealt that horrible hand in life and it's not fair. I understand your pain, coming from someone whose life really isn't all that great.

You probably have done something memorable by being a good person to others. Just because you don't see the fruits of your labor doesn't mean it was in vain. I'm sure you're a great person to be around with, so don't lose hope. Hurting now does not mean you will in the next year or two. It just takes time, and I hope you can heal and be happy. We're here for you. Feel free to PM me or something if you want to talk about this more. Take care .

"Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods." - Artistotle

"There comes a point in life when you realize who really matters, who never did, and who always will."

"A friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you even when you are fooling everyone else."

"The worst feeling you'll ever feel is sitting next to the person who means the world to you, knowing that you mean nothing to them."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: What's the point? - March 26th 2010, 07:31 PM

Hey Laura,

I'm sorry to hear how miserable you are. It must really feel bad going through that every day. But I think rather than looking so much towards the future, you should try to focus on the present. Do things that'll make you happy in the moment. Don't look to far ahead. Find a reason to live. Whether it's for a little sibling, a pet, to write a song, accomplish a goal, or help a friend. If you can't live for yourself, live for someone or something else. For me, writing, drawing, and music really help me see the brighter side of things. Also, when I'm feeling down, I'll call up my friends because they always make me feel better.

Have you talked to anyone about the way you have been feeling? I know it can be scary reaching out for help but it's very important. Sometimes we can't always fix things ourselves and at that point its important to reach out and ask for help. Whether it's a family member, friend, or teacher, all these people are willing to help you! It definately helps to be able to vent to someone and have someone by your side when you're feeling down. Then you can get stuff off your chest rather than keeping them bottled up inside until you feel like you're going to explode! We are always here for you Laura if you need anything.

Stay strong,

Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
NuHalo Offline
Strength.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shaun

Re: What's the point? - March 26th 2010, 11:00 PM

We don't really know if there is a point to this or not, but even so, we do it anyways. Some people have found their own reasons for living and accomplishing the things they do. If you are looking for a reason to be, and to do, then take some time to yourself and do just that. How you do it is up to you though, whether it be writing or meditation or whatever.

But one thing I can say is, if things aren't changing then you aren't trying hard enough to change them. People can change the world if they tried. So focus on your world first. Stop waiting around for years waiting for something miraculous to happen because it won't come.

Take care.

Click here to PM me any time, I'm here to help you if you want to talk to someone.

Beware lest you lose the substance, by grasping at the shadow. - The Dog and the Shadow, Aesop
  Send a message via MSN to NuHalo  
Closed Thread