TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rebecca110109 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rebecca

need major help please!! - March 27th 2010, 04:07 AM

omg!! i majorly need help. last night got to the point where i stabbed myself. its just nuts. my boyfriends step father got stuck into me for stuff i didnt do, and saying i came into his house and treated him like shit etc. he said im not welcome in the house anymore. he was drunk and so was i. but still he's held it in for a long time. hes never liked me. i dont know what to do. i dont like being abused i feel like going to the police about what he did to me last night. it was very unnecessary. we had this huge like fight between me, my boyfriend, my boyfriends step dad and my boyfriends mum. it was so all bullshit. he cornered me. and my boyfriends mum was on his side. and my boyfriend was on my side. i need so much help so bad.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: need major help please!! - March 27th 2010, 01:18 PM

Rebecca,

To be honest with you, I feel like maybe you should stay away from your boyfriends parents for a while. Give them a little time to cool off, and in the mean time, perhaps you and your boyfriend should spend time together elsewhere (either at your house or at somewhere neutral around where you live). You don't want to get into any arguments or fights with your boyfriends parents, PARTICULARLY when you're under the influence, as I assure you that doesn't give off a very good impression to parents even if they themselves are drinking, and it kind of puts you at an unfair disadvantage (you're not thinking as clearly and you're just not suitable for an intelligent, calm discussion in most cases).

So, the easy solution to responding to his accusations that you came to the house and treated him poorly and weren't welcome at their house anymore would be, well, not going to their house anymore. These people never said they were forbidding their son from seeing you, they merely but a restraint on where you were allowed to see him. So, keep away from them, as they definitely don't sound healthy for you.

On another note, if the stepfather abused you last night, Rebecca, and you feel like you need to go to the police about it, I would go ahead and do that. The longer you wait, the harder the whole process is going to be. Obviously, it sounds like your boyfriend is very much on your side not only just including last night but also including in this whole situation, so perhaps you could talk to him about last night and just get his perspective on things. Be careful and take care.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
rebecca110109 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rebecca

Re: need major help please!! - March 27th 2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
Rebecca,

To be honest with you, I feel like maybe you should stay away from your boyfriends parents for a while. Give them a little time to cool off, and in the mean time, perhaps you and your boyfriend should spend time together elsewhere (either at your house or at somewhere neutral around where you live). You don't want to get into any arguments or fights with your boyfriends parents, PARTICULARLY when you're under the influence, as I assure you that doesn't give off a very good impression to parents even if they themselves are drinking, and it kind of puts you at an unfair disadvantage (you're not thinking as clearly and you're just not suitable for an intelligent, calm discussion in most cases).

So, the easy solution to responding to his accusations that you came to the house and treated him poorly and weren't welcome at their house anymore would be, well, not going to their house anymore. These people never said they were forbidding their son from seeing you, they merely but a restraint on where you were allowed to see him. So, keep away from them, as they definitely don't sound healthy for you.

On another note, if the stepfather abused you last night, Rebecca, and you feel like you need to go to the police about it, I would go ahead and do that. The longer you wait, the harder the whole process is going to be. Obviously, it sounds like your boyfriend is very much on your side not only just including last night but also including in this whole situation, so perhaps you could talk to him about last night and just get his perspective on things. Be careful and take care.
yes, i definatly want to go to the police. there have been so many situations in my life where i have been abused and raped etc, where i wish i had gone to the police. now i want people to know, im dead serious. im not gonna put up with that shit anymore. im just scared. i dont know how to report and if they will take me seriously and what exactly to say.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: need major help please!! - March 28th 2010, 02:04 PM

Hey Rebecca,
I definately think going to the police is a good idea. I know it can be scary, but if you don't put a stop to it soon, it may get worse. What should you say to the police? You should tell them the truth. Be completely and totally honest, because honesty is the best policy. You can always call up your local police station's non-emergency line and ask them how to report and what kind of things they would do. That way you know what to expect before you place the report. But it's definately worth a try, even if nothing comes of it. If you are scared, maybe see if a friend or family member can go with you to the police station. You can also write down what you are going to say so you can just have it with you if you get nervous when you get there. That way you won't forget anything and you'll be well prepared. I know how hard this is, but you can do it! Hurting yourself isn't the right answer. You are simply putting yourself down for something that isn't your fault! Don't forget to use our alternatives sticky in the Self Harm forum. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk.
Take care,
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

Closed Thread