TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LillyWren Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley
Location: I don't really know anymore, but I'll find out soon.

i think i need help... - March 28th 2010, 05:36 AM

About a year ago my friend started cutting herself and she said that her life sucked and that no one could help her. When she said this I started to get really depressed and I thought I couldn't help her, so I started to think about cutting myself too, but I didn't. But during this time I started to have family problems. My dad started to drink heavy and he would yell at me with threats and said that I was pretty much worthless. My mom started to blame all of her problems on me and say that it is all my fault that her life sucks and that I'm the reason she can't have a life like her friends. After all of that started to happen, I started to think about suicide. I actually tried twice and thought about jumping in front of cars and all that, but I never told anyone not even my friends. I started to feel better so I thought that it didn't matter. Now thingd are heading south again and I'm starting to have those feeelings again but they aren't as bad as before. So I'm kind of scared and confused.

Sorry, i rambled. Any advice...?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: i think i need help... - March 28th 2010, 07:03 AM

Hey there, Lilly. Sorry to hear things are hard for you right now.
The best thing to do is to talk to somebody about how you're feeling. You don't need to keep this to yourself, and you don't need to go through it alone.
Can you talk to your friends about it, or maybe a close family member?
If you feel very suicidal, it's best to call a crisis hotline, or tell your parents. That may seem a scary thing to do, but it's for your own good.
I hope you feel better soon.
xxx

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: i think i need help... - March 28th 2010, 11:15 AM

Hey there Lilly,

I'm sorry to hear that things weren't too good for you and you're feeling that your life is heading in that direction again - it is only natural that you are scared and confused.

It is okay that you're feeling this way as, although it surely is unpleasant, it can change and you can be feeling happier again in time, Lilly. As you have been feeling suicidal and you're having very negative thoughts, I would strongly reccomend that you do reach out and talk to someone that you trust, whether it is your parents, a doctor or a teacher, it is important that you do get help for these serious thoughts and feelings that you're suffering from. You do not have to go through this alone, Lilly.

Please take care.

Closed Thread