TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

"never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 1st 2010, 12:17 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

two things i would suggest not telling a person who feels like they want to die. i very rarely ask for "help," like honest to god help, help where i go to an adult, and when i do these are the responses i get.

1.) you've said this before, one time you're really going to need help and nobody will believe you (uhm, like this time?!)
2.) "why don't you just help yourself," obv. suicide is something i should handle on my own without anybodies guidance or help.
3.) "don't worry, i WILL call you" four days later, no phone call, i could have been dead...
4.) "did she just say she wants to kill herself again, we need to get some serious delieverence for you, this has been going on for a couple years, sweetie," haven't heard from him since BUT i don't see him til tomorrow (maybe,) so he's my last hope, i just need him to ask me how i am, so i can tell him the truth. but the chances of this are slim.

Really, I can't believe that NOBODY is paying attention. Granted if I HONESTLY wanted to die, i would have done it already, but the IMPULSE is there, i'm asking for HELP and nobody will LISTEN. which makes me want to end it all the more. but like i said, i'll give number four a chance to approach me tomorrow, otherwise i'm out of options and hope.
UGH.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 1st 2010, 12:40 AM

well thats just really stupid. i'm sorry your going though this. i know how that feels though. i tried to reach out to someone and tell them to be there for me. and they're all like screw you. it makes me really sad. it's really tough to go though that. but you need to to. at least for yourself.

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 1st 2010, 12:48 AM

Sammie, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. I can't stand people who react like that there's no excuse for it. We're here for you of course, but keep trying to reach out. Let me know if you want to talk.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lu82 Offline
HI EVERYONE!
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 1st 2010, 02:07 AM

I hate when people say" i dont understand why youre depressed you have no reasons to be" like if depression was something you could control and get rid off whenever you wanted to.I told my cousin about it but now im starting to regret it because he says im crazy and that i shouldn't feel like that.
Thats why i joined this forum, because people here understand exactly how you feel instead of judging.
Im sorry youre going through this, but youre not alone

(#5 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 2nd 2010, 02:56 AM

it really does kind of suck.
esp. because the first two i actually was really close with but i think what they did was the worst.
i could have talked to one of the pastors tonight at church but i chickened out; of course.
so i could e-mail, one of the pastors of course but i asked my friend what he thought, since he's been going to church there longer than i have and he thinks that it's too impersonal and that i should just wait until next thursday before i speak to him...
but i'm falling apart and i waited until today only to run away when i had my chance, ugh, i don't know what to do.!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Name: Saria

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 2nd 2010, 04:32 AM

Hey Sammie,

I'm sorry that you are going through such a hard time and I can really relate to that.

If you really want to talk to your pastor but you feel that emailing is too impersonal like your friend said maybe you could try emailing your pastor to ask him if you could possible meet with him before next Thursday because there is something really urgent that you want to talk to him about? This would then give you a chance to talk to him face to face without it being impersonal and at the same time get you the help before next Thursday. Also you would be more likely to talk to him if you were to do this, unlike when you were at church and you chickened out, because he would know that there was something bothering you that you needed to talk about.

I hope this helped and keep us up dated. Feel free to PM me anytime if you want to talk or want more ideas.

Take care,
Saria

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 2nd 2010, 04:22 PM

Hey there Sammie,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're not feeling too good right now and it must be very frustrating when it feels as though no one is willing to help you recover. However, it doesn't mean that you should give up trying. There are people who are able and willing to help you and you need to keep asking people for help until you get it. You DO deserve to get help and you have been very brave in asking for help. Perhaps if these people don't seem to be listening to you to the degree that you want or require, it would be time to talk to someone who is guaranteed to listen and have some understanding of what you're going through and how to help and handle it. Talking to a doctor or a therapist would be a very good idea. Even calling a crisis hotline for some advice on places that could help you may be a great starting point. Don't give up, Sammie.

Take care.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 5th 2010, 09:26 PM

i just don't understand how somebody can say "i want to do everything in my power to help you," then when you reach out to them, they ignore you. it doesn't make sense, granted i wasn't happen when my friend drug me to him and told him what happened; i'm sure i didn't make the best first impression, but he said he would call me; and that doesn't mean a lot from most people but he's a freakin' pastor, he's not supposed to lie and then just completely ignore you, esp. when he's in charge of stuff like this.
i even e-mailed him, just in case he forgot or lost my number or something but i still get ignored.
nobody ever wants to help me.
i reach out.
only to forgotten.
:[

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 5th 2010, 09:45 PM

Hey, just want to say i have been there and it sucks, i feel for you xxxxx

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
Pm me anytime, I like to help!
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 5th 2010, 10:13 PM

Honestly that's why I have a hard time posting in the suicide forum. I don't know enough about what someone feels and I can't distinguish between people who cry wolf and need help. I know what you're saying. So I pull myself away from that most of the time you know?

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
lifeislost Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Steph

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 6th 2010, 02:18 AM

From what I've read, you sound more upset about these people not taking you seriously then you are about actually having thoughts about killing yourself. I've read a lot about people who are suicidal and in some cases (not saying you are one of them, I'm just giving you something to think about) people become suicidal because they want someone to pay attention to them. Just take a look at you're current situation and ask yourself if that seems even remotely possible. I am not saying you're thoughts of suicide are not true, I'm simply saying theres always a reason why someone becomes suicidal, and since you did not make an attempt (that I know of) you do not really truly want to die.

I turn my head to the east… I don’t see nobody by my side
I turn my head to the west… still nobody in sight
So I turn my head to the north, swallow that pill that they call pride
The old me is dead and gone, but the new me will be alright

(#12 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 6th 2010, 03:10 AM

Sammie,
I think you should stop relying on your religious "leaders" who do not have time for you and take the time to get in contact with a true professional therapist who is actually interested in discussing your feelings with you, tackling the cause of them, and helping you feel better in the long run.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 6th 2010, 04:10 AM

it's not that i want attention; i want help.
which is why i don't like involving people; i'm not much of a "people" person.
but i don't want to just "die," without even trying to help myself.
i want to believe there is hope for me; but atm that looks pretty bleak.
of course i have ways to do it, but i made my friend a promise, and i don't break promises, but the way it's going, i might have too.
i don't see any poing in living, and i'm basically just doing so to make somebody else happy.

Also, I understand what you're saying "flyingtrue," but i messed my age up, i'm only seventeen, so i can't get proffesional help until i'm 18, which is about two months away.
and the only reason i went to him was because he's in charge of the "pastoral care," part which does with counselling within the church, but that obv. failed as well

all i do is epically fail all of the time.
i don't see the point.
nobody takes me serious.
so maybe i should just end it.
prove everybody for once.

woah,

<3

(#14 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 6th 2010, 04:28 AM

There are many still reasons to live. For yourself. You might not imagine the forthcoming wonderful experiences you have yet to have in your life. The fact that you are seeking help for your feelings tells us that you still have a lot going for you.

Does your school not have a counselor or someone that you can go to?
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 6th 2010, 04:37 AM

There's a school counselor but they would have to get into contact with one of my parents; and my home life is rather odd and not so great at the moment, so that just wouldn't work. Which is why I was trying to find somebody who could "help," me even just slightly without them having to contact my parents.

woah,

<3

(#16 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 6th 2010, 05:00 AM

I'm thinking maybe an anonymous suicide/crisis telephone hotline might be best then? Everything would be confidential and skilled professionals would be on the other end.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 6th 2010, 05:30 AM

i don't know.
i just i don't know anything anymore.
i don't want to live.
i want somebody to care.
but nobody does.
all i do is love people but they don't love me.
i don't freakin' understand.
i just want this to be OVER.

woah,

<3

(#18 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 6th 2010, 05:40 AM

We care. That's why we're here. Try this number: 1-800-784-2433. The people at the other end are professionals who should take the time to listen and help you get through this.
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 7th 2010, 02:53 AM

idk if i could actually call a hotline, i'm horridly shy.
i just don't want to live anymore.
i feel so lost and hopeless.
everything has lost meaning for me.
i'm just barely hanging on at the moment.
i wish i just could get some help.
:[

woah,

<3

(#20 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 7th 2010, 04:19 AM

There is nothing to worry about when you call the hotline. Even if you are shy, you can choose to remain fully anonymous. It is your opportunity to open up without any fear of repercussion. You will not be ignored nor persecuted for how you feel. Please call the number. You will find the help you need and want.
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
arcane Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: "never cry wolf," and "maybe for once you should help yourself" - April 9th 2010, 04:53 PM

Sammie, hang in there. It is difficult when people do not understand what you are going through. I had my own experience where I reached out for help from some professors. They voiced their concerns for me to higher administration which called me in and more or less blamed me for worrying the professors. They blamed me for seeking help for a serious issue.

If you feel like you cannot talk about your situation with a hotline because of shyness, you could try writing out what you want to talk about first. I have a very difficult time talking because I tend to just start crying so I often write in order to convey my thoughts.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread