TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Unhappy Discouraged - April 8th 2010, 04:19 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I used to be so great at expressing my emotions, but I can't lately.

I'm crying and am dealing with thoughts of self harm and I'm dealing with an eating disorder(ish)

I don't know. Everyone I usually talk to about this stuff is caught up in their own lives right now, so I can't get this stuff off my chest...

I'm just really lonely now.

Help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: Discouraged - April 8th 2010, 04:55 AM

Hey,

I've been having a hard time expressing my emotions too. I used to write poems and journal entries all the time but lately I haven't been able to find the words to say. Try and remember that you don't have to tell someone everything and you don't have to tell it to them perfectly. Just as long as you find your point and get it across a few teary sentences can be enough to let a friend know you need help. If you don't have anyone you feel comfortable talking to you could always try reaching out to someone new. The best of friends can be found in the most surprising places. Another thing to try is finding ways to express yourself without words. You can use all sorts of medias to show people how you feel. Some examples would be photography, drawing or sketching, making a collage, or playing music. I'm sure you can think of a few other ways too. Don't get discouraged if it takes you awhile to figure out what you want to say. Emotions can be tricky. You don't need to figure yourself out in a day. I hope this helps.

Lots of love<3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Discouraged - April 8th 2010, 08:58 AM

Hey there.

I'm sorry you're feeling like this.

It can be really hard when you need to talk to somebody, but everybody seems so busy they don't have time for you. You might be surprised, though, at how helpful friends can be, even when they're struggling themselves. Take, for example, many people here on TH. Even though they're dealing with their own problems, they still find time and energy to help others. So it might be worth trying to talk to a friend or family member, because even if they have a lot on their minds, they will want to help you.

Also, as Mimi said, being creative can really help. Writing, drawing, even singing or playing an instrument can help you get your feelings out.

Take care, and I hope you feel better soon. And remember, we're always here for you.
xx

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Closed Thread