TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Christina Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Christina

Exclamation I Just Don't Give a Shit - April 14th 2010, 03:40 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I really don't have anything to live for. I'm not going to kill myself or anything because I'm here and I might as well stay here...Well, basically I'm just wondering if there's a better way.

I just really don't care about anything. People tell me I have some real nerve, but that's just because nothing matters to me. I think of everything as a joke and I don't take anything seriously. I don't get close to anyone either.

So, I just kind of fuck around and do whatever the hell I want. I'm really mean to a lot of people because I think it's funny and I have been kicked out of every school I've been too because of getting into fights. I don't care what people think. I don't need friends...I don't need anybody. I don't care if I end up in jail or homeless...it's like I don't even feel. Everything is numb.

I really don't know what else to say...I hope I was clear.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
fresco Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: I Just Don't Give a Shit - April 14th 2010, 04:06 AM

I sort of feel that way sometimes, like "Why does that matter?" The truth is, you have to figure out what you're doing. Yep. This may involve some life-changing, "deep" philosophical pondering. What matters to you, who matters to you, what's of most value to you, if there's someone/thing you couldn't live without. You have to find something important. You can't go on "just living" - you can, technically, but you need to find inspiration, hobbies, motivation, a goal. What do you want to be when you grow up? What would make you happiest? Is your happiness your priority? If not, what is?

Honestly, you probably will not have it all figured out in one sitting. You just have to start, though. It's all about baby steps. Change the way you think. Consider other people's points of views. Establish a philosophy. Are you religious or do you otherwise have established morals? Teenagers are just looking for something to believe in. This is like "the crossroads" (not to be confused with the ~relatively crappy~ Britney Spears movie.) Just find something. It's not hard to cultivate passion. You can have just one hobby you're really into but it makes all the difference. It means you believe in something.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Christina Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I Just Don't Give a Shit - April 14th 2010, 05:00 AM

Thanks...and I don't really know what I want to be...maybe a therapist or something...I really appreciate your advice, but I am still having trouble seeing the point in caring so much when all it ends up bringing you is pain. Sure, I have a few homies around, but I don't know...I just seriously don't care...And where do I start with the philosophical pondering?? Is this what you do to help you??

(#4 (permalink)) Old
fresco Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: I Just Don't Give a Shit - April 14th 2010, 05:33 AM

I don't know, maybe it might not work for you? It's something my mind sorta did on its own. I was depressed for a long time. I was always thinking and then my thoughts just changed to, "Ok I'm sad...but why am I sad? Should I be sad? What really matters?" and I thought about it for days and I think in three days I slept like 6 hours? That was a couple years ago. It took me a long time to completely change my sort of hopeless outlook to "Today's gonna be great anyway."

Where to begin is really up to you. I would just set out to find why you don't care...which sounds really hard probably haha. I know it's difficult. You can just consider times in your life that were really emotional for you or that caused you a lot of distress. The root of your apathy could be some emotional trauma that left you scarred. It's possible you may have internalized a lot of the bad feelings so you will really have to dig deep if that's the case. But a lot of the time, all you really need is closure. Maybe for that feeling to be recognized by someone else. You can get closure from telling someone or writing it down or even like just letting it be recreated in your mind and acknowledging "That actually happened."

It's not a quick change...but trust me, if you are feeling apathetic and all "What's the use?" then it will totally be worth it. You just really have to consider your own values. I think it's cool that you are thinking about becoming a therapist. I think it will really help you in pursuing that if you can "figure things out." There's no set way to do that obviously, but maybe you can try looking up what famous philosophers have said? You may have heard of Freud (sex), Nietzsche (morality), Socrates (methods of learning)? What they said went totally against what the rest of the public believed. I feel like right now you're just kinda letting yourself "go with the flow." Maybe that you don't know what to believe in?

Quote:
I am still having trouble seeing the point in caring so much when all it ends up bringing you is pain.
Pain is inevitable. You just have to figure out a way to deal with or understand it so it doesnt stress you out. I always remember the line from a song by Gym Class Heroes that goes smthg like, "we turn feces into fertilizer"...like there's always something good that comes from something bad. Maybe it makes you wiser, or maybe it turns out to be good for someone else. How you deal with pain starts with the way you think though.

Good luckk *hugs*

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Christina Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I Just Don't Give a Shit - April 15th 2010, 08:24 AM

Thanks guys, I think the whole reason why I'm still here is because of my mom and my brother. I just love them so much, if they were gone, I would really have nothing else to live for. They're the last thing, the only thing. Right now, I am living for them, and doing well for them, so maybe later I might be able to repay them for taking such good care of me.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
NuHalo Offline
Strength.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shaun

Re: I Just Don't Give a Shit - April 15th 2010, 01:53 PM

They would certainly be overwrought if they lost you. The world wouldn't be the same to them, or anyone you know.

But remember, you can find happiness in anything and everything you can experience. Try something new, or do something you really enjoy that you haven't in a long time. It gets the good feelings flowing, i promise (:

Click here to PM me any time, I'm here to help you if you want to talk to someone.

Beware lest you lose the substance, by grasping at the shadow. - The Dog and the Shadow, Aesop
  Send a message via MSN to NuHalo  
Closed Thread