TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lonely.boy Offline
Not a n00b

Im feeling depressed - April 17th 2010, 02:51 PM

Ive been feeling very depressed and very down lately ( again). I was doing "ok" for awhile, but now im sad and angry, i don't have motivation for anything, and i have been analyzing and thinking about my life and im very unhappy with it, because nothing is like i would like it to be. I know that life is like that, you cant be sure and control everything in your life, but i would like that just for once, things went well.
I know what triggered this feelings. I've been falling for someone, but it won't never happen(like always) and im trying to move on, like i did before, but it has been really hard, because this person treats me so well and is so nice and we see each other almost all week and also because its triggering other feelings about myself. But its impossible and i have to move on. Like i said, this is making me lose my motivation, and will probably affect my grades since i can't study.
Adding to this, the fact that i don't have much friends( the ones i have already have their own groups and close friends) is making me even worse because i don't go out and i don't get to take my mind of all this and i don't have no one to talk to, so i repress everything.
And because im angry i end up channeling it on someone else at home, which is not good, but im just not in the mood for anything and anyone. I can't even listen to music because it makes me feel bad, and i love music.

I just want all this to over, i want my motivation back, i don't to be evaluating my priorities and my life all the time, i just want to get sh*t together and get my strength back.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CalDud Offline
Mathematician
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Casey

Re: Im feeling depressed - April 18th 2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely.boy View Post
Ive been feeling very depressed and very down lately ( again). I was doing "ok" for awhile, but now im sad and angry, i don't have motivation for anything, and i have been analyzing and thinking about my life and im very unhappy with it, because nothing is like i would like it to be. I know that life is like that, you cant be sure and control everything in your life, but i would like that just for once, things went well.
I know what triggered this feelings. I've been falling for someone, but it won't never happen(like always) and im trying to move on, like i did before, but it has been really hard, because this person treats me so well and is so nice and we see each other almost all week and also because its triggering other feelings about myself. But its impossible and i have to move on. Like i said, this is making me lose my motivation, and will probably affect my grades since i can't study.
Adding to this, the fact that i don't have much friends( the ones i have already have their own groups and close friends) is making me even worse because i don't go out and i don't get to take my mind of all this and i don't have no one to talk to, so i repress everything.
And because im angry i end up channeling it on someone else at home, which is not good, but im just not in the mood for anything and anyone. I can't even listen to music because it makes me feel bad, and i love music.

I just want all this to over, i want my motivation back, i don't to be evaluating my priorities and my life all the time, i just want to get sh*t together and get my strength back.
Hey bro.

About a week ago I was in the same situation. I think you need a break and to get yourself out there. I'm not an extrovert at all; I'm a math major, studying freak! But my grades started to plummet when I fell in love with a girl last summer. I was able to carry on through the fall semester but this spring it just got unbearable! But you know what? I gave it my all. I gave it my best shot and laid my feelings out straight up so I had no regrets. Don't leave anything unanswered because you will ponder it later on in life and dwell on the chances you should've taken. Although in my situation I had been shot down and broken up inside pretty badly, I don't regret any of what I said to her because in life you're going to have to take chances and some of these risks don't always work out for you. But who knows - I'm surprised all of the time when I think something bad's going to happen and it actually turns out to be a good thing.

I've never had much friends either but if you've got a lot of time on your hands, try and find things that will engage your mind and take you off the stressful things of life. My spring break I didn't do any homework at all! I mostly read and talked to my friends, slept in, and thoroughly went through my life willing myself to do better. I am in a much better situation than I was two weeks ago and I tell you, it's a relief to have this weight taken off your chest. I find classical music helps me best. Anything rock or modern usually makes me depressed these days, except for Rob Thomas. I haven't made ten posts on this forum yet, but you can YouTube "Someday" by Rob Thomas. It struck a chord with me. May do the same for you.

You have to realize you CAN take control of your life. It doesn't have to be endured. You'll be fine, man.
  Send a message via MSN to CalDud Send a message via Skype™ to CalDud 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
lonely.boy Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Im feeling depressed - April 19th 2010, 01:56 PM

Hey.
Thanks for the helpful and motivational words. You are right, i have to take control of my life and don't be down with this feelings. Im actually doing better and feeling better, and i have been going out which helps me move on and get all this behind.
I search the song you sugested on youtube.I didn't know this song and its a really nice song and with very good and powerful lyrics, thanks

Closed Thread