TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Terry Offline
Canadian Bacon
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Terry

Unhappy Friends. - April 27th 2010, 07:48 PM

So yeah, yet another thread in a sea of self pity.

Basically I have no friends who give a fuck. I don't hang out with anyone in real life aside from these guys i just fucking sit with in between courses so that I don't look like a fucking loner. My best friends were all online, but they constantly make me feel like shit, when I told them I was sick of it, they were like "k?". So fucking lonely, I'm on anti depressants and I still get massive downers cus I feel like no one would even care if I blew my head off. It's basically impossible to make friends in 12th grade, every "group" is already built and no one really is open to new people. As for online, I don't know, I have a hard time finding people who have similar interests, so it gets old rather quick. I just wish I had friends who would treat me like a person, and at the same time be interested in what I have to say, I have severe social anxiety and don't know what people generally converse about so people most likely find me bloody boring.

Sitting alone at home playing video games by myself, watching tv, and hell, even sleeping all day, is getting really boring, I'm slowly sinking into a really bad state of mind, I am considering suicide again, my grades are slipping, I have nightmares any time I try to sleep. Just don't want to feel so lonely anymore.

Self pity will not rescue you.
Sometimes we have to save our own lives,
not because no one else cares, but because no one else can.

Life for you has been less than kind
So take a number, stand in line
We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
But how we survive is what makes us who we are.

Dreamed up the maps, give me the charcoal and the paper
We invent paths they cannot see, and they're too scared to walk

Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It's only after you've lost everything that you are free to do anything.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
imbound Offline
hopeful dreamer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rena

Re: Friends. - April 27th 2010, 07:53 PM

I'm kind of going through the same thing with my friends. Grades and such. Pm anytime. I know it may seem like they wouldn't care if you blew your heads off, but that it probably more wrong than you think. I know that hurts people beyond words. It's not a good option.

~Changing every day

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Friends. - April 27th 2010, 07:55 PM

I know the feeling of being lonely, and it sucks. My social life is basically online.

I live in a small town so I don't have this option, but have you considered going to a youth centre, or joining some sort of activity, such as band, sports, etc.? I don't know what your interests are, but this might be some options to get out and meet new people.

And perhaps you should talk to your doctor, mention the problems with the antidepressants, and possibly get into therapy to help cope with some of these feelings better.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Terry Offline
Canadian Bacon
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Terry

Re: Friends. - April 27th 2010, 08:01 PM

There aren't any groups to join, I have indeed looked, I haven't just wallowed in pity while this got worse. I suck at sports, don't need yet another reason to feel like I'm inferior to everyone. My last resort was my online friends (group of 4 friends whom I've been hanging out with for a year or two now) but i realise more and more that they honestly couldn't give less of a fuck about me.

I've been moving from one anti depressant to another for about a year now, and I've just finished seeing my psychologist, I was better, but the whole no friends thing got me really down again.

Self pity will not rescue you.
Sometimes we have to save our own lives,
not because no one else cares, but because no one else can.

Life for you has been less than kind
So take a number, stand in line
We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
But how we survive is what makes us who we are.

Dreamed up the maps, give me the charcoal and the paper
We invent paths they cannot see, and they're too scared to walk

Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It's only after you've lost everything that you are free to do anything.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
KateShannon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kate

Re: Friends. - April 27th 2010, 09:04 PM

Hey,

I understand the stress of feeling alone and not having many outlets to turn to; I'm in a similar situation. Please feel free to PM me anytime if you need a friend.

<3Kate

Love's not a three way street. You'll never share real love until you love yourself.
-Jonathan Larson
  Send a message via AIM to KateShannon  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Lu82 Offline
HI EVERYONE!
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Friends. - April 28th 2010, 03:03 AM

I understand you perfectly fine, my social life ( if i can call it that) practically sucks. im always here if you want to talk about anything

Guenhwyvar roared a fourth time and darted off through the grove, a black arrow aimed at the heart of doom.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
anabell_101 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Friends. - April 29th 2010, 04:13 AM

I understand the no social life thing since my life is exactly like that, to get me through it i just say another year of high school and then im off to collage where i can start a new life for myself. One where i actually have friends and actually get invited to partys.
  Send a message via AIM to anabell_101  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
kelephant Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Blair

Re: Friends. - April 29th 2010, 04:53 AM

I can really relate to what you're going through. My friends have been treating me awful and I have been by myself a huge amount of the time. I'm also a senior but finally decided to start joining clubs and am beginning to meet some new people. I know it's hard but you're about to graduate! Soon you will be moving on to bigger and better things and you will meet a lot of new great people.
  Send a message via AIM to kelephant  
Closed Thread