TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

Exclamation This has to stop - April 29th 2010, 09:35 AM

I'm sitting in the school library crying!
I harmed in school yesterday
Im starving myself, have been for the last 10 days
Iv'e been down constantly
This can't continue! and yet what the hell do i do about it?! my Dr won't help me, and my counsellor said she isnt too worried about my eating and hasnt even mentioned depression. What on earth is this if not depression?!
Why won't they help me?!
What can I do? Other than give up. I'm literally falling apart and yet no-one who can help will. My friends are trying but they can only do so much. And I've just been told that I'm starting a timed exam thing in music today which is really important and I feel completly unprepared for it! And I'm having a break down today which really doesn't bode well for me doing my best! Arghhh! What do I do? need advice asap please guys.
I'm a real mess at the moment.

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
Pm me anytime, I like to help!
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: This has to stop - April 29th 2010, 12:43 PM

Hello there,
You should go to a different doctor or a professional counselor that actually gives a d and will help pull you through this. Please force yourself to eat something, even candy, because going this long without eating could hurt you. Your place in the world is valuable, so killing yourself isn't a good option when things can and will get better in the future. Try to hold on. You have to do it.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: This has to stop - April 30th 2010, 09:56 AM

Ive been to several counsellors and a few Dr's who say I'm ok just 'sad' and do nothing.
I can't..I've tried but I just feel so bad when I eat that it makes me want to make myself sick to get it out of my system. :-(

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: This has to stop - April 30th 2010, 11:28 AM

Georgia.

You have to think about what started the negative feelings in the first place, and either overcome / supress it. Remember that no matter what happens, there is always going to way to overcome whatever you are going through.

You can count on us... consider us your friends as well so yeah. I know that there was definitely something highly negative or bad that occured last time that made you go through whatever you are going through right now. But you truly deserve happiness. Don't let this bring you down!

You can always tell us anything, and everything. and we'll help out and listen as best as we can possibly do.

caring always.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
flutterbye1990 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Arwen

Re: This has to stop - April 30th 2010, 11:54 AM

Hi Georgia,

I completly understand how helpless you are feeling and you feel like there is nowhere left to turn. My doctors dont help me either but that doesnt mean you should give it it just means you need to stand up and be stronger than ever until someone does listen because there is always people out there who will actually pay attention to your suffering.

If you can change your Dr i would, find someone who you trust and who listens to you.
What i found most useful when i had noone to turn to and noone would listen was to phone the sammaritains. They always listen 24/7 and will do whatever it takes to help you.

I dont think starving yourself is doing you good for you state of mind right now though. Without food your mood will just get worse and you will find it more difficult to think.

You can get through this sweetheart and if you think you are at serious risk to your self go to your nearest hospital and they will help you and make sure you are safe.

please message or pm me if you need to talk
Love Arwen x x x x

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within"

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: This has to stop - April 30th 2010, 05:44 PM

Thanks guys. I have given up on professionals, because it feels like them and most others are giving up on me.

Paramore! <3
Closed Thread