TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
HelenCake Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Best friends trying to kill herself... - April 30th 2010, 08:04 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

One of my friends has been worrying me and a friend recently. She keeps acting happy and lovely at school (we are 15/ year) but she’s really depressed.
Her: Pretty, even though she doesn’t think so herself. Good grades at school. Lots of friends (Never had a boyfriend). She doesn’t like the fact she’s a size 14/12 and gets upset about it. She reads a lot and is super cool : ) . I know she tried to overdose once but threw all the pills up. She cuts herself (near her shoulders so you cant see in our uniforms). She acts really happy but I know she hates her life…
Her family: Sister, two years older, Skinny, pretty size 6 model. Mum, really nice, pretty, fun and has damn good taste in music. Dad, drug addict/dealer, parents divorced. She doesn’t’ like her step dad at all…

We love her to bits and we don’t want her to do anything stupid. Our school is really rough and the teachers aren’t good at advice at all (In the last six months: 2 fired, 2 ran off with each other and one had a mental breakdown) So its hard to ask for advice.

But me and my other friend who are worried are going to ask one woman who works at our youth club and comes into school as a governor because shes nice and we trust her. But we don’t know what else to do…

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Saphire Offline
♥♥♥
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Saphire

Re: Best friends trying to kill herself... - April 30th 2010, 09:04 PM

Well you've definately taken the right steps so far! Talking to this woman from your youth club is a good idea as it gives your friend someones to discuss her problems with. This will hopefully make her feel a bit better.

Also, as she's probably going through rough/emotional times at the moment, you just need to be there for her. Try expressing your concerns with her and make sure you explain that you and your other friend are ALWAYS there for her if she EVER needs to talk about things.

For her cutting, she needs to get help with that as it's very dangerous. If this lady from the youth club is trained to help with issues such as that then hopefully she can help with this, but otherwise maybe you could suggest your friend goes to some kind of councellor.

I know its very scary not only for her but for YOU too, but all you can do is be there for her. Always be positive towards her to try and raise her self-esteem because to me it seems like she has very little confidence in herself.

I've personally never been in this situation, so i'm not sure how constructive my advice is, but i really hope things start looking up. stay strong

Saphire

Closed Thread