TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

Exclamation attempted last night - May 4th 2010, 10:42 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

That makes my number of attempts 6...I just don't know what to do now... Do i tell someone in school? Do I ignore it? I just don't know. I'm a mess. I have no fight left in me.

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
Pm me anytime, I like to help!
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
TheDarkPrince Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Luis

Re: attempted last night - May 5th 2010, 10:02 AM

Yes, tell your school. Please get as much help as you can for yourself. And talk to us. We're here for you. Me personally, you can PM anytime, and I promise to get back to you as soon as I read any message. Lets get through this!
  Send a message via AIM to TheDarkPrince  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Megan09 Offline
Singer, lover, writer
Average Joe

Name: Megan

Re: attempted last night - May 5th 2010, 10:11 AM

Don't ignore what you're feeling. Tell someone. Tell multiple people, if you can find them. They will HELP you fight when you don't want to anymore. You are strong and you can do this, but you need to let others help you.

"If music be the food of love, play on." -Shakespeare
Remember: May is skin cancer awareness month. Be smart, here are some tips to protect yourself:
Feel free to PM me, I'm here to help
TH Social Networking Team
  Send a message via AIM to Megan09  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: attempted last night - May 5th 2010, 10:41 AM

Thanks guys. I saw my CPN after my head teacher found out and made me ring her. She just chatted to me for a while. Said she really felt for me and stuff. I still feel like some action needs to happen tho, other than just talking, I mean, is it unreasonable for me to think that?
I just can't go on like this

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Megan09 Offline
Singer, lover, writer
Average Joe

Name: Megan

Re: attempted last night - May 5th 2010, 10:48 AM

No, that's completely understandable. You know what you need more than anybody!! What kind of action do you think would help you best?

"If music be the food of love, play on." -Shakespeare
Remember: May is skin cancer awareness month. Be smart, here are some tips to protect yourself:
Feel free to PM me, I'm here to help
TH Social Networking Team
  Send a message via AIM to Megan09  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: attempted last night - May 5th 2010, 11:05 AM

I honestly don't know, which is half the problem. I don't know what they can do...I'm just open to offers!

Paramore! <3
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: attempted last night - May 5th 2010, 04:32 PM

Hey there Georgia-Louise,

I am sorry that you have been feeling so low that you attempted to take your own life. I am glad that you're okay though and that you reached out to your CPN for help - that was very brave of you and you should be proud of yourself for doing that.

It is completely understandable that you may want some more help rather than what you're receiving now, and there are other options. I would suggest that you ask your CPN for more help and tell her why you feel as though you're requiring it. There is the option of different therapies, medication and even hospitalisation. You may want to consider those and talk them over.

I hope you're alright.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: attempted last night - May 5th 2010, 04:57 PM

Thanks, No I'm not really, had more crap today..only minor but anything is enough to make me want to cry atm!
I cant face hospitalisation..the thought of it terrifies me!
I saw a Dr the other day about concerns my CPN had and he said then that medication wasn't needed at the moment. and my CPN didnt even talk about the attempt with me other than look at my arm..end of. I hate feeling like this.

Paramore! <3
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: attempted last night - May 5th 2010, 06:29 PM

ToffeeKitten, You need to express your concerns about yourself to an adult. Don't just let them ignore it and move on. Call a helpline and they will definitely give you some options. Don't give up! You are an amazing person <3
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: attempted last night - May 6th 2010, 08:24 AM

you need to talk about it. You may not seems able or want to talk to another adult about being suicide; i know its gonna be akward, but they can help you more than your friends. We all just need to hang in there and look foward to the day when our dreams come true.

plus if you keep "having attempts". one of them wil be the final blow. Can you imagine how your parents/friends are gonna take this in, how much pain and grief you will cause them. I'm sure you dont want them to get hurt.

--dont do anything your going to regret. Feel free to pm, ill be glad to help

ohh and btw. i was also formerly sucidal. so i got first-hand experience
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: attempted last night - May 6th 2010, 09:10 AM

thank you. I have spoken to an adult about this....a few adults really, but no-one has done anything. I'm seeing my CPN today and will raise the point again but I really don't think they are going to do anything.
I think im secretly hoping one of them will work...

Paramore! <3
Closed Thread