TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

Sectioning? - May 6th 2010, 02:26 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey, I'm wanting your opinions again. I know the legal stuff about sectioning and that it has to be done through several people's joint agreement and stuff, but I was just wondering in my case what would warrent me needing to be sectioned?
Here are the basics, I harm pretty much every other day, attempted suicide on monday, am suicidal constantly and have most of the symptoms of depression, and im starving myself...How much further must it go before anyone does something? any ideas or comments?? I'm not saying I want to be secitoned, Its a huge fear of mine, but i have been threatened with it ages ago when things weren't this bad....im confused. i know if this carries on then at some point I will be in hospital..but which point is that!! meh...

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
Pm me anytime, I like to help!
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
TheLittleNinja Offline
I'm a secret ninja ;)
I've been here a while

Name: Claiiiiiiiiire

Re: Sectioning? - May 6th 2010, 05:22 PM

Hey There,

My Dad was threatened with being sectioned once because of emotional abuse to our family. Basically, we were told that it would have needed about 4 different doctors agreements - with each doctor making their own assessment of him.

From what you've said, I think you would/should be section in theoretical terms. Does anyone know about these latest issues (I haven't read any of your other posts) ?

If your doctor knows and isn't acting on it, then really, thats not very good medical practice. Do you talk to other adults about these feelings, or have you thought about recieving therapy or joining a help group?

I know how things can really suck sometimes, I really can. Just try and keep your head up, I know it's hard. This helps me to keep going when I'm down http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkCFeNeqyHk - it may or may not work for you.

I really hope that you feel you can reach out and find help soon, rather than waiting for help to come to you and upset you even more.
Take Care - My inbox is always open xx

I'm still alive.
Must have been a miracle
It's been one hell of a ride
Destination still unkown
It's a fact of life: If you make one wrong move with a gun to your head
You better walk the line or you'll be left for dead.

I'm a runaway train on a broken track
I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back
Thats right.
I got away with it all and I'm still alive.
Let the end of the world come tumbling down.
I'll be the last man standing on the ground
As long as hot blood runs through my veins
I'm still alive.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Sectioning? - May 7th 2010, 10:07 AM

thanks for replying. Yes my CPN (psychiatric nurse) knows and has done nothing other than talk to me. and yes my doctor knows through my CPN.
Thanks.

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Sectioning? - May 7th 2010, 10:40 AM

Hey there,

You have already said that your psychiatric nurse and your doctor know about your behaviour, thoughts and feelings and that is very good. It's good that you have managed to be open and honest with them.
It is my understanding that sectioning is really a 'last resort' and that you will only be sectioned if you are in immediate danger of harming yourself or others. It does take several professionals to make a judgement about your health in order to be sectioned.
Even if you are confused or are fearing sectioning, I would urge you to talk to your psychiatric nurse about this and ask her the questions you're asking us. It seems as though you don't feel as though you're getting enough help and you deserve as much help as you need.

Take care.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Sectioning? - May 7th 2010, 10:49 AM

Thanks. I would but I dont want to seem as though I'm making a fuss and exaggerating. if they havent done anything they obv dont think its nesseccary...

Paramore! <3
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Frangelina Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Fran

Re: Sectioning? - May 7th 2010, 07:00 PM

Hey,
hope your doing okay?
It sounds like your in a pretty bad place at the moment.

I have been sectioned on a section three 4 times and on a section two 3 times and on a 5;2 and 5;4 many times and a 135 ... gosh that sounds a lot !

anyway just wanted to say that I got sectioned for running away from the psychiatric hospital and for stopping taking my meds again.

it is possible that they could be considering sectioning you as you did attempt suicide quite recently.

you sound quite worried about it. if it comes down to it and you do have to go into hospital they SHOULD ask you if you will go in informally (not under section) if you wont then they probably will section you.

personally i think you should talk to your CPN. i know they can be a pain in the backside but at the end of the day they are there to help you no matter what.

feel free to pm me anytime if you wanna talk

take care!
chesca xox

LIVE

LOVE

LIFE

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Sectioning? - May 8th 2010, 11:25 AM

thanks, what are the different sections? such as section 3, 4, etc?
I don't think they are because my CPN isnt that bothered. I don't know what to say to her. she keeps saying that she thinks this is temporary and that I will be fine after it...but I won't survive it if I carry on on my own.
I really dont want to seem like an attention seeker...I mean what if its not really as bad as it feels and they are right? I just don't know!

Paramore! <3
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Frangelina Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Sectioning? - May 8th 2010, 01:22 PM

There are like hundreds of different sections but the most common ones (i think) are section 2 ( which is for a 28 day assessment period) section 3 (up to 6 months treatment period and this can be renewed) section 135 is a police section to take you to a place of safety section 5,4 and 5,2 if for like 72 hours and 4 hours and this is a nurses section i think.

if you think your situation is more serious and you need more help and you feel that she isnt helping that much ask to change CPN or too see you psychiatrist very soon.

They dont know how you feel truely only you do.
so they cant really tell you its not that bad. to me it sounds like your in a pretty bad place at the moment.

try not to stress yourself out about everything that will just make things 100 times worse for you.

try to keep talking to people that you trust and that listen to you. You can talk to me anytime.

you say you dont want to be section which i promise you is THE WORST thing IN THE WORLD! well if feels like it, its probably not lol.
but to be honest I think you could do with a lot more help. im not saying going into hospital is the only option but perhaps you could suggest it to you cpn?

also you dont say whether you are on any medication, if your not perhaps this could give you a boost. it wont cure you but it will help.

take care
chesca xox

LIVE

LOVE

LIFE

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Sectioning? - May 10th 2010, 01:16 PM

thanks, no I'm not on medication..they won't even diagnose me with depression or anything. I would but I dont want to seem like an attention seeker.

Paramore! <3
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Frangelina Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Sectioning? - May 10th 2010, 01:28 PM

your not going to seem like an attention seeker at all, and if people think that then are f**ked up!

if you need help then you are entitled to it dont be afraid to ask for it.

pm me if you wanna talk?

chesca xox

LIVE

LOVE

LIFE

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Sectioning? - May 10th 2010, 01:45 PM

thanks xx how about we msn?

Paramore! <3
Closed Thread