TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

Went from having everything to nothing. - May 12th 2010, 05:59 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I guess technically I had nothing to begin with. My 10th grade year I started dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts. I thought they'd never go away. But this year I met some incredible people and they started to come around only once in a while. And when they came around I would ward them off easily with a hug from a friend and some reassurance that it'd be alright. But now it's not ever going to be right again..

My friend has ADHD and ADD. He takes medicine for this obviously. Well two of his close friends told him that he should stop taking his medicine since he hates it because it makes him depressed. Now he's so hyperactive he won't pay any attention to what I'm saying unless it's a joke. I tell him I need somebody to talk to and he gets distracted. I mean I know he's busy and whatever but before it never mattered. Because he always put aside time for me when things got serious. Now things are serious again but nobody will listen to me.

My parents are going nutso on me because my sister copped a 'tude about some dance thing. I sided with the dance teacher therefore I must think I'm "better than her" and how dare I think like that. And who the hell do I think I am?? So I get yelled at for disagreeing. Ughhhh. My friends won't pay any attention to me cause they're either hyperactive and won't listen, or oohing and awwing over the lovely and adorable kid the hyperactive friend has become. (Even more loving to strangers than he is to his best friends.) And then dance and grades and show choir. Plus I'm getting severely harassed!

It's not going well for me and I just feel like I can't hang on any longer. I can't even talk to my friend about this cause he'll get hurt that I think he's so different (in a bad way) off his pill. </3 What do I do?? I don't think dying is the answer but I swear that's how I feel. I even wrote a suicide letter and everything earlier today. I can't handle this much longer.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Went from having everything to nothing. - May 12th 2010, 09:07 AM

--alonealways

although i dont know anyone with adhd.. i been in the same situation before. earlier in the year i had everything, i felt soo good. I looked foward to waking up everyday; i had a girl who i loved with my life, i had pretty good grades, I was getting a promotion in a couple of my projects.

and then i went with nothing at all, the girl i loved just broke my heart, my grades were going down the tubes and i was having problems with lotts of stuff that i loved.

I remeber i was also suicidal, i thought how i would stab my self late at night when everyone was asleep, then by the time they woke up it would be too late and i would be dead (if i was still alive when i was gonna kill my self)

But when i was going to do it. i thought of my friends and family and how i loved them with my heart and i could'nt picture my self causing them pain over me. so i stopped. I got help and im slowly going back on track

You need to hang in there. although it seems there is nothing to look foward to we must just hang in there and wait for our dreams to come true

--well hope this helps, feel free to PM if want to GL!
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

Re: Went from having everything to nothing. - May 13th 2010, 03:09 PM

I got in a huge fight with the guy who is off his pill and we ended up both all "forgive me?? " and whatever. The text that broke my heart said, "Am I still your brother and do you still love me? "

It kills me cause it doesn't even feel like it anymore. I love him so much and I want him to be happy but this stupid medication ish drives me crazy!! ):

I feel like if I think of my friends when I want to stab myself late at night (cause that's the exact vision I had) I won't be able to even think of anybody. </3 Because I love them but they don't love me. It's stupid ..

Closed Thread