TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I_am Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Advice? - May 13th 2010, 04:53 AM

Depression has really been taking a toll on me and I cut two nights ago after being cut-free for two months.
I was on a weekend thing and I was talking with a friend of mine, and she said how I should really see somone. She was crying and was like "my life was horrible, and I had so many issues, I don't know what I would have done if not for therapy" and like I dont know what to do. I realized last week that I have the power to make someones mood, to make people happy, but I just don't feel it anymore. I know I need this, but I'm too afraid to change. Without depression, I get. TOo loud and hyper, get in all kinds of trouble, everyone hates me and everyone finds me annoying, get picked on all the fucking time. But I know it would really help.I even tried (twice to see a therapist through my school social worker but my parents don't get anything done). I just feel like this depression is a part of me.
And I dint know what to do.

I guess there comes a point where you just have to stop trying because it hurts to much to hold on anymore

Behind my smile is a hurting heart. Behind my laugh, I'm falling apart. Look closely at me and you will see, the guy I am...isn't me
  Send a message via AIM to I_am  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: Advice? - May 13th 2010, 10:31 AM

Hi there. I agree with your friend. I think talking to someone would really help you. Therapy could help you not only to manage your depression, but also your hyperactivity. It could present you with all kinds of new opportunities.

I used to feel that depression was a part of me, too. However, I can tell you that you will feel so much better even just by confiding in someone about how you're feeling. It feels like a great weight has been lifted off your shoulders. You do have the power to affect someone's mood, and you also have the power to change your own for the better. Please don't dismiss this idea too quickly. Therapy really could prove to be beneficial for you.

Take care!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Advice? - May 13th 2010, 05:19 PM

Hey there,
Sounds like you are in tough situation right now. But suffering with depression without getting help can be really hard. Even if you don't like the way you feel when you aren't sad, you can change that too! I strongly suggest you keep trying to reach out to people in your life such as your family to try and find a social worker. But to feel better, you have to WANT to change. You have to be willing to change your thoughts which is definately hard to do. It takes practice but I know you can do it if you set your mind to it. You being sad all the time definately can make others feel sad because they just want you to be happy. But if you are happy and hyper and excited, they will feel the same way! Remember, it's okay to be yourself and it's okay to reach out more than once. Let me know if you need anything.
Stay strong,
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Lost it Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Thumbs up Re: Advice? - May 18th 2010, 09:39 PM

Hi..
I just want you to read through this patiently.
Happiness, lies within self. and.. i go through much the same thing..
either hyperactive, or down in the dumps! I daresay, it would do both of us a hell lot of a good if we just accept it's a phase.. I got out of it by throwing myself into different activities.
try something of these.
1. Keep a diary. It would help you vent your feelings out. BUT never reread the pages of the days you are down.. they can you pull you back there again!
2. Like others said, may be you should trust someone enough to tell them EVERYTHING! It can be someone who was 'just a friend' till now.. OR it could be someone here, someone you don't know, i bet you'll be more comfortable with a stranger.. Go find someone like yourself, and you'll be happier than you ever were.
3. Don't be mad at your parents... it isn't that they dont care, it's just that they may be dont want to accept that something's wrong with you.
If situation persists, INSIST on seeing a doctor.

Hope i helped!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I_am Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Advice? - May 24th 2010, 04:44 AM

I have insisted, on several occasions to see someone but my parents never get anything done which is sad cause my dad is a fucking psycologist for Gods sake. And I know "I gotta accept who I am" and stuff, but you don't know the shit I get at school, even when I'm NOT hyper. I have told sveral people "everything" but it always doesn't end well and I just see how taxing it is on THEM, I don't want to put them through this.

I guess there comes a point where you just have to stop trying because it hurts to much to hold on anymore

Behind my smile is a hurting heart. Behind my laugh, I'm falling apart. Look closely at me and you will see, the guy I am...isn't me
  Send a message via AIM to I_am  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Advice? - May 24th 2010, 10:41 PM

Even if some people don't listen, you just have to keep telling your story. There are people out there who will listen you just have to find them. Don't give up, because it's totally worth it in the end. You are such a caring and compassionate person to think about others but really, at this point you need to focus on yourself. Reach out to people and be persistant about it. Don't let them shut you down. You are stronger than those kids at school so don't listen to them. Listen to yourself. Let what they say go in one ear and out the other. Even when you see how hard it is for other people to listen, it's even harder for you to keep everything inside. Plus I'm sure they'd much rather you talk to them then get hurt/killed. I'm always here if you want to talk.
Stay strong,
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

Closed Thread