TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xHollyx Offline
Not a n00b

Name: holly

Question whats the point? - May 17th 2010, 06:54 PM

i dunno what im even doing on this site,but i new i had to do something o stop myself from doing something stupid. ive never felt so down before and all i can think about is ending my life.my friend..well hes not my friend anymore basically said he didnt care if i slit my wrists open or drank myself to death, when you hear something like that youre not sure how to react...i self harm,have done for a year and a half but the way im feeling is much more than wanting to self harm....i dunno what to do?i need help badly.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: whats the point? - May 17th 2010, 08:06 PM

Hey Holly,

Welcome to Teenhelp I am glad you joined and I hope you are able to get the support you need here. If you ever need someone to chat to then don't hesitate to PM me.

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling like this. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time at the moment. That friend that said to you obviously isn't really a friend and just because he said that it doesn't mean you should do it. You are worth so much and he is not worth anything to say something so horrible. I know right now the answer might seem like ending it all but things can and will get better for you. It might take time but it will happen.

Is there anyone you can talk to Holly about how you are feeling? I really think you should talk to someone because it really does help to get things out. Just remember you are not alone.

Stay strong.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
xHollyx Offline
Not a n00b

Re: whats the point? - May 17th 2010, 08:37 PM

hey.no theres nobody i can speak to about it without them giving me nothing but pity.i just feel so confused with everything thats going on right now.i stopped self harming for a week or two and i felt as if i was picking myself up slowly,then this happens and i feel as if im right back where i started.my parents don't even know about my self harm.shouldnt they have guessed by now? the thought of telling them is just awful.i know my step dad would be the one to check on me all the time and end up trying to control me, and my mam...well ...she'd use it against me.if i tell a counciler ,teacher or doctor then they'll tell my parent.it would make everything ten times worse.i feel i have no other option, its pointless.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Alexx Offline
Average Joe

Name: Alex

Re: whats the point? - May 17th 2010, 08:51 PM

I told my doctor about feeling suicidal, and they weren't allowed to tell my parents. It was nice telling them because they've treated other people who are suicidal and depressed too, and they offered me lots of different ways of help, none of which my parents knew about.
I've seen a counselor, as well as taken antidepressants, and no-one has had to know except me.
You can do this too.

Well done for not self-harming for a couple of weeks. That's so brilliant! It can be so difficult to resist, but the fact that you have.. that's a positive thing, trust me!

As for parents knowing about your self-harming.. it is difficult for people to know, sometimes. Have you been hiding it? I always used to hide mine and wear wristbands, and my parents didn't notice at all.

Hon, you need to tell someone, though. You don't deserve to feel so rotten. Things do have a meaning, whatever that meaning is. You deserve to be happy, you really do!

Even if you don't talk to your teacher about the self-harm, you can still talk to them about other things. They can help. That's what they're there for

I hope things improve. Message me if you need anything, I'm always about, we could msn or anything.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
xHollyx Offline
Not a n00b

Re: whats the point? - May 17th 2010, 10:28 PM

but dont they have to tell your parents if your in danger of harming yourself or others? a girl in my school told a teacher she self harmed n her parents where called.then her friends that she told about her problem told everyone else.i couldn't bare for that to happen to me.the self harm was the main promblem at first but now i just feel so suicidal.i cant cope with it at all.ive missed so much time off school because of it and its just making things at school even worse for me and because of feeling suicidal im finding it hard to sleep.i've been to the doctors about depression before i didnt mention the self harm though.i was offered me anti-depressants as a last resort but i turned them down.they blamed the way i felt on a lack of vitamin b12 but nearly 1 year later and nothing has changed.yeah i always use a wristband to cover my scars,but theyve seen scars on the top of my arm before and have said nothing.i really need to end this one way or another.but thanks for the comments,to know that someone cares whether you know them or not helps a lot.

Closed Thread