TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
heythere Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kay

Falling apart? - May 19th 2010, 01:04 AM

It feels like everything is falling apart when in reality its going fine. I only have 2 and half days of school left, I've got decent grades, my best friend and I are doing really great. But I dont know it is. I just feel empty.

I told my adult friend a couple weeks ago what was going on and then said I was done talking about it. She tried talking to me about it a little and then just forgot about it. I dont want to bring it up again shes always really busy. I feel so pathetic telling a 30 year old that I dont feel like I can talk to her anymore because I feel like she's got so much on her plate. Other teenagers come to her to talk to and I just dont want to add to that I want her to be able to focus on them. (Shes my youth pastors wife)

Also Im really overweight. I finally want to do something about it. I asked my mom and she said we could get me a doctors appointment so I could get on a diet plan and all that stuff. But she hasnt done anything else about it and I dont want to keep bringing it up. Also I've been thinking and I want to gastric bipass or the gastric lap band. I really need to lose a lot of weight and im not just saying that I checked and im morbidly obese.

I feel like giving up for some reason and I dont know why. I think im going crazy.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lost_soul Offline
:)
Average Joe

Re: Falling apart? - May 19th 2010, 07:54 AM

Hey there Kay,

I know how it feels to think your going crazy and I know it's not pleasant, but you're not going crazy, you're just feeling a bit down!

It's great that you told that adult friend of yours about your problems, because a problem only gets worse if you bottle it up and don't tell anyone. I'm sure this woman would be more than happy to continue helping you, don't feel like you're burdening her. Or if you really think you're being a burden, get professional help. See a counsellor, they can work wonders sometimes

It's great that you're trying to do something about your weight, it's tough losing weight, but stay motivated and focussed and you can do it, you have the support of your mother too. Just remind her next time she's in a good mood, and let her know how much it means to you to get healthy again.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon

PM me anytime, I love helping people and will do my best to help you <3

And if I bleed, I'll bleed knowing you don't care
~ Evanescence, Missing

Closed Thread