TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*luna* Offline
THAT girl!!!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: luna

Unhappy *stands on top of building and screams bloody murder* - June 14th 2010, 05:02 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

trying to control my language. if i miss something im sorry.

so really why does praticlly everything have to fall apart at once????? why cant it take turns or all happen slowly in stride??????? this so called christain "God" is supposedly supposedly not supposed to give us more than we can handle..... why then do people off themselves????? why does anything like that ever happen???? if this "God" is supposed to know what the hell we can handle then why do some many people kill thenselves.... why is it that the people you need the most are never around when you need them???? why when you get so attached to someone or something it gets taken away when you need it the most???? why do we suffer like this????? just why???? why is it worth sticking around through all the pain?????? someone please read this before i have to go....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: *stands on top of building and screams bloody murder* - June 14th 2010, 05:30 PM

Hi

You raise some interesting points. I mean, does God exist as a whole, or in each seperate person.

What I do know is, you shouldnt kill yourself. It is worth sticking around through all the pain. Because sooner or later, if you stick around you will be able to handle your emotions and begin to stop wondering all the confusing thoughts about God.

If you believe in God or not, believe in me..........things will get better. Just have that bit of faith where God actually cares.

PM me if you want

Jaymi
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: *stands on top of building and screams bloody murder* - June 14th 2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *luna* View Post
trying to control my language. if i miss something im sorry. so really why does praticlly everything have to fall apart at once????? why cant it take turns or all happen slowly in stride??????? this so called christain "God" is supposedly supposedly not supposed to give us more than we can handle..... why then do people off themselves????? why does anything like that ever happen???? if this "God" is supposed to know what the hell we can handle then why do some many people kill thenselves.... why is it that the people you need the most are never around when you need them???? why when you get so attached to someone or something it gets taken away when you need it the most???? why do we suffer like this????? just why???? why is it worth sticking around through all the pain?????? someone please read this before i have to go....
Luna,

Life is full of suffering. It's hard to figure out why, and sometimes our suffering seems pointless. It seems like we go through so much, for so little reason. The truth is, though, that God never does give us more than we can handle. He knows that we are strong and can deal with many things; even when we don't believe that ourselves. People don't kill themselves because life is too hard, they kill themselves because they believe life is too hard. There's a big difference. I know that it is difficult when no one is around when you need them, but sometimes we need to learn lessons on our own. We need to know what it's like to fight by ourselves, not able to rely on anyone else. It might be difficult and scary, but there's no doubt that we learn from it.

The pain might not seem worth it, but I truly believe there is a reason that we suffer. Maybe it's to learn, maybe it's to reach happiness. Everyone sees it differently. But I am 100 percent confident that for every emotion we feel, there is a reason. That might not be easy to believe at times, but I know that in the end we will all realize that it's true.

Try to keep believing in yourself, even though it might be difficult. You are the only one who can truly help yourself get through this, and God is always with you. If you believe in yourself, it is totally possible to face and conquer depression. I am here if you ever need to talk.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Angeal Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ranada Givens

Re: *stands on top of building and screams bloody murder* - June 14th 2010, 09:04 PM

Well it is true that God never gives us more than we can handle. Your question, why do people off themselves is really good. I think it is basically because they feel like they can't make it, like God has really given them way too much for them to handle. You ask why do the people that you need the most is never around when you need them, think of it like this GOD IS ALWAYS THERE. NO MATTER WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. YOU JUST HAVE TO GET ON YOUR KNEES AND PRAY, OR OPEN UP THE BIBLE AND READ IT. It's the facts of life that people will hurt you and leave you (nobody's perfect), but God's promise in the bible that he will never leave us or forsake us.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: *stands on top of building and screams bloody murder* - June 14th 2010, 09:16 PM

I believe that God does not exsist, otherwise bad things wouldn't happen.
The people who are never there for you when you need them are the people who don't care, the people you don't need in your life. It's the cowards that run away, and the real friends who stick with you through thick and thin and care about how you feel, and listen to you, and try to help you. That's a time when you find out who your true friends are.
People who off themselves are the people who are weak and pessimistic and don't believe things can get better, when they can and they will, you just have to be stronger than life itself which is possible, just roll with the punches and something good always comes out of this. You just sometimes have to wait for it to happen and hold on in the meantime. The people who off themselves are also the people who miss out on so many great opportunities. Life has alot of beauty to it too, so it's definitely not worth offing yourself over otherwise you miss out on all the good stuff.I believe we only suffer if you let things get to you. I believe things are taken away from you or dissapear, you mourn, but then someone better comes along. I believe things happen for a good reason in the end and we find out why, and then it makes perfect sense.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
*luna* Offline
THAT girl!!!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: *stands on top of building and screams bloody murder* - June 17th 2010, 04:04 PM

if "God" doesnt give us more than we can handle then what the hell is with everybody offing thtemselves... i mean really "God" is supposed to know all. he would know that what they are going to go through WILL in fact be to much for them and they will collapse into themselves.... why then does "God" do that to the damned human being that "God" supposedly loves so much.... just in case people cant tell yet i am not a christain nor will i ever be a christain again.... stuff like this in that religion makes no sense at all to me.... why does everything have to fall apart???? nothing has gone right for me i cant keep the people i love and need.... i cant keep a job.... or a car.... i am just unable....

(#7 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: *stands on top of building and screams bloody murder* - June 17th 2010, 08:01 PM

Like I already said those are the reasons I believe there is no God, otherwise those things wouldn't happen.
I don't depend on a God that doesn't exsist, I depend on myself and my own inner strength to get through. You don't need a job or a car to feel important or feel like you are achieving something. We all have a significant worth and purpose in our lives and so do you, it just takes awhile to find out what it is.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
*luna* Offline
THAT girl!!!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: *stands on top of building and screams bloody murder* - June 18th 2010, 04:27 PM

i have been looking for years.... havent found anything yet...... its not that i need those things its when i have them and they are taken away for one reason or another like what just hgappened in the past couple weeks...... i just wish i could get some land and animals and be completely self sufficient..... but untill i can get the money for it its not going to happen......

Closed Thread