TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kelly2011 Offline
KellyWho!!!!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: kelly

Mental Hospitals....gotta love 'em...NOT - June 25th 2010, 07:10 AM

okay so idk if this is supposed to go here but yeah...

so i was in a mental hospital for 2 weeks 3 different times. i just got out 2 days ago from my 3rd time. and boy was it an experience. i went in there for a suicide attempt. the only things i liked about the place was the BA's (behavioral assistants) and the other patients (well most of them). I was strapped down to a bed one night, a stretcher a few days later and shot in the ass both times with some drugs that knocked me the fuck out. Those situations are code yellows, i got a few. So im an adrenaline junky and when that shit happened it was like i got high or some crap. When they like tackle you n crap and your trying to escape from them its gave me a weird feeling. Im not going to say it was a traumatic experience, but what happened there keeps replaying n my head. its not just the two times i got restrained, like the ppl i met there and what stupid shit i had done. I dont know how to get it to stop, i feel as tho i need to go back there to make it stop or somehow get myself to just stop thinking at all.

If anybody has ever gone through something like this could you give me some advice that would help sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!

When everything is meant to be broken i just want you to know who i am...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: Mental Hospitals....gotta love 'em...NOT - June 25th 2010, 07:15 AM

When I was in hospital, I spent 5 years getting restrained and injected. I hated it. But because I was 'ill' and 'kicked off' all the time, it was the only way to calm me and settle the rest of the ward.

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Mental Hospitals....gotta love 'em...NOT - June 25th 2010, 07:40 AM

Me, my self i never gone to a hospital, but some of one of my friends have

He went there for being sucidal and he told me it was a horrible experience, the people there won't shut up and they keep talking about them being a demi-god.

Thank god, he told me this, because when i was sucidal my self, i didnt tell the whole world because i knew i would end up in a psyco hospital but i imagine it was a horrible experience

"This is 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 15% Pain; And a 100% reason to remember the name!"
Buddy/Live Help Operator/Technology and Gaming & Current Event and Debates Forum Moderator
PM/VM
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
kelly2011 Offline
KellyWho!!!!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Mental Hospitals....gotta love 'em...NOT - June 25th 2010, 08:38 AM

yeah i shouldnt have said or done anything suicidalish because now i know what happens. they treated me like i was 5 years old. and there was group therapy almost every hour and i wanted to jump off a cliff because i was so tired of talking about stupid crap. i was put on isolation for punching a girl in the face cuz she pissed me off, which makes me impulsive. i did attepmt once in the hospital, and it was a national emergency. was on staff sight for three days. had to sleep in the "quiet room" and sit in a room so i could be watched. that place just made me more crazy. and i hate thinking about it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ScarletRose Offline
xxmylover123xx
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: xxmylover123xx

Re: Mental Hospitals....gotta love 'em...NOT - June 26th 2010, 07:35 AM

i was wondering is suicide attempts the only reason people go to mental hopsitals? i recently think i have depression and i starting cutting myself and just generally mad at the world and unhappy. i was womdering is tha. something that could end up there?
  Send a message via AIM to ScarletRose  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Re: Mental Hospitals....gotta love 'em...NOT - June 26th 2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmylover123xx View Post
i was wondering is suicide attempts the only reason people go to mental hopsitals? i recently think i have depression and i starting cutting myself and just generally mad at the world and unhappy. i was womdering is tha. something that could end up there?
Yes, yes it is. I did the same. Now I don't know what's real and what's not, nightmares and frighting memories about it, and other stuff. I became crazier then when I started. Just a warning, don't tell anyone freely. Or else you might turn out like me, scared of everything and everyone.

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: Mental Hospitals....gotta love 'em...NOT - June 26th 2010, 05:01 PM

Suicide attempts are NOT the only reason that people end up in hospital. I ending up where I was because of my illness and the fact that I became violent.

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Firefighter 48 Offline
Firefighter/ EMT-B
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Re: Mental Hospitals....gotta love 'em...NOT - June 26th 2010, 10:46 PM

I guess I got lucky with the specific hospital I was sent to because it was not a horrible experience... the staff members were cool (most of them) and had a lot in common with the other patients so had them to talk to when I felt like crap. I was never restrained physically but was forced to take a pill when I self harmed there... or they would just give the medicine through injection. You could get away with just about anything you wanted... except for smoking inside (everyone got caught )

I went there twice for self injury, and 3 times for suicide attempt/suicidal ideations. Staying there never really helped and only made it worse. The only part that helped was making friends that I still talk to when I need help lol.

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas Edison

TWLOHA
  Send a message via MSN to Firefighter 48  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
kelly2011 Offline
KellyWho!!!!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Mental Hospitals....gotta love 'em...NOT - June 27th 2010, 06:05 AM

Yeah there were kids there for drugs and mental disorders n stuff so yeah you dont have to try to commit suicide to be put there. I have alot of dreams about that place and always find myself day dreaming about it. And everything outside of that damn place always brings me back there not like physically but in my head. kind of like triggers the thoughts about what i did there n shit. soooo stupid....

Closed Thread