TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Zarriah Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Zarriah

I think its time for me to admit I need help - July 2nd 2010, 06:01 AM

I dont want sympathy..
Never have maybe thats why never want to talk about whats going on with me these days. I feel in order for me to get some solid advice I need to explain my situation a little bit.

Im a single mother, graduated high school with no support from anyone including my sons father who I havent heard from in nearly a year. I live in a home where my father is a alcoholic and pot head, he isnt really physically abusing these days but the verbal abuse has gotten outta control he calls my mom all kind of names and swears shes cheatin all the time. We have been in a out of domestic violence shelters alot of my life but no matter how much conseling she recieved she always came back. Not to mention the fact that we are constantly dealing with money trouble. Im seventeen and I dont even have a cell phone. On top of that my father always favors my sister..... i could go on an on about my troubles.
Fast forward till about four days before my high school graduation I attempted suicide, I took a whole bottle of pain killers and a whole bottle of some other medicine called verampermil. My father had totally cussed my out that day because I stood up for my mother when he was messin with her. Obviously i lived and even after that I approached my mother and told her that I thought i was depressed and she just said that my life hasnt been that horrible and that Im just going through a phase. I would want to seek help but Im scared if I truly sit down with someone and tell them whats going on with me my son will be taken away. Its already the end of June and Im not even sure what Im going to do about college I got accepted to a few and their are even a few still intrested in my coming there in the fall, but what am I suppose to do with my son?
Im just so stressed its not normal waking up every morning bout to burst into tears because your that upset that your alive.
I need some advice, what can I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katniss♥ Offline
Just A Freak
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Katniss

Re: I think its time for me to admit I need help - July 2nd 2010, 04:36 PM

Giving in for help is NEVER a bad thing. Accepting help is the best you can do. With that help, you can rearrange everything. Things will work out if you ask for assistance.

♥ My Chemical Romance ♥

Bob Bryar, you may have quit My Chemical Romance. But the sounds of the drum at the end of Welcome To The Black Parade will echo through our hearts.

♥ Bob Bryar ♥

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Open my eyes
Average Joe

Name: Esther

Re: I think its time for me to admit I need help - July 2nd 2010, 07:05 PM

You should seek for that help, you've lived in such an awful situation, that's why all went wrong.
Sometimes you have to learn how to avoid other people problems, I mean, I know it's pretty hard but I've lived with my parents fighting constantly as well, you must pay attention to your problems in the first place, and maybe not listening to their arguments for a while is the best option for the moment.
A therapist wouldn't take your son away, they are there to help, not to give you new problems. If he/she doesn't think your son is actually in a dangerous situation, then this person won't do anything to separate you.
Admit you need help is the first steep for your recovery, I hope it all goes well for you. If you ever need to talk, feel free to pm me
All the best xx

Fear Cuts Deeper Than Knives

"And if you told me 'go to the hell', I'd tell you I know pretty well that place"
  Send a message via MSN to Ess The Morgenstern * Send a message via Skype™ to Ess The Morgenstern * 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: I think its time for me to admit I need help - July 2nd 2010, 11:10 PM

Reaching out for help is actually the best thing you can do right now. Your father has no business mistreating you or your mother in such a way. You NEED to get help; because, you need to get you and your son out of the situation you just told us about.

As for college, Have you considered online classes? These could help you stay with your son; while, still earning the education to give you and him a better life.

As for reaching out for help resulting in your son getting taken away if they feel you are putting him in a dangerous situation they would; however, since it seems that you are trying to get him OUT of a dangerous situation I do not feel that would be a problem.

Hope that helps.

Closed Thread