TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
charlene Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,493, Level: 13 Points: 8,493, Level: 13 Points: 8,493, Level: 13

Unhappy lonely and suicidal - June 30th 2010, 03:49 AM

I suffer for borderline personality disorder and ive had symptoms of it in the form of depression and an eating disorder for six years now and it seems like its never going to end.its so exhausting.. I try so hard with my therapy and sometimes it really does make a difference and helps me to sort out problems. its just when something bad happens it always hits me so much harder than anyone else finds it and i constantly get suicidal thoughts. I attempted suicide a year ago but my friends found me twenty mins before i wud have died. I got over that feeling for a good few months and even though i was still depressed it felt great to not be haunted by the suicidal thoughts. A few weeks ago me n my boyfriend split after 2n a half years and he hooked up with a girl who once bet me up(while me n him were 2gedr) only a week later. I feel like its my mental illness that makes people hate me becuase he just keeps doing things to hurt me now like posting pictures of them having sex online. a week after the breakup i was out with friends had too much to drink and started talkin about how suicidal i was feeling. Two of my best friends who ive known since i was 4 were there and the next day got really angry at me and dont want to talk or anything,. I dont know what to do its like i just make people hate me even when i try so hard to do things for them.. its been wks since i talked to my friends and my ex keeps doing things to hurt me even though i havent retaliated at all. I feel like no matter wat i do its not good enough i moved in with my ex switched colleges for him and stopped talking to my brother just inda past few mnths.. i thought after we broke up we could be friends but he rely hates me. suicide is all i can think of and i hate it. but is it the best option? my biggest fear is that noone will ever love me again and i will lose the rest of my friends. what if i never get over mental illness. what if im a burden to my family and i limit their oppurtunities? also i have no confidence with guys now cause i havent been single in so long and the depression has spiralled out of control in the past year. i cut my wrists six months ago and have bad scars whichc ive become paranoid about in the past few wks and im afraid to leave the house in the heat having my wrists exposed. im so lonely. this is very long but if anyone could offer an opinion on anything ive said i would really appreciate it. Rite now i have no hope for life, it feels like im just waiting to die
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
L.K. Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 9,208, Level: 14 Points: 9,208, Level: 14 Points: 9,208, Level: 14

Re: lonely and suicidal - June 30th 2010, 10:14 AM

First off, welcome to TH! Glad you joined for help.

I'm really sorry for everything that's happened to you. The world really isn't fair sometimes, and it's only to the people that don't deserve it either.

Your ex and your ex-friends probably weren't as great as they seemed to be. Any true friend or boyfriend would accept you for who you are and be supportive, not abusive and harsh for something that you didn't want to have.

Don't feel like dying. It's a road best not taken, especially at a young age. I've felt it before, and it really was a gruesome path. I understand that after all those recent breakups with your friends that you're emotionally drained and out of energy. Take time alone to recover and heal, picking up the pieces and becoming a stronger you. People do love you, don't think no one ever will again. Those friends that stick around still are perfect examples. They know who you really are and what you're going through, and yet they still hang around and try to help you. Those are the kind of people you should seek for, the kind that'll care for you no matter the circumstance. If any more do leave you, then they weren't friends to begin with. Move on and find better people to talk with. I don't know you at all other than the fact your name is possibly Charlene (which is a nice name), but I already like that you asked for help. Always a good first step to take.

You're not a burden to anyone. No person in this world was born just because. They all have a purpose, including you. Your family should be supportive and understanding about what you're going through. As for guys, well you should just steer away from the concept of dating until you're back on your feet. You need to restrengthen yourself before you can catch another guy's eyes.

Be strong and don't give up hope. To use a cliche phrase, it's always darkest before the dawn. Things are rough, but you're still living. Keep doing that, give yourself some 'ME' time so you can recuperate. It will take time no doubt, but I promise that it'll be worth the hard effort. PM me if you want to. I'm ready to help, and so is the rest of TH. I hope you get better!

"Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods." - Artistotle

"There comes a point in life when you realize who really matters, who never did, and who always will."

"A friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you even when you are fooling everyone else."

"The worst feeling you'll ever feel is sitting next to the person who means the world to you, knowing that you mean nothing to them."
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Points: 23,852, Level: 22 Points: 23,852, Level: 22 Points: 23,852, Level: 22

Re: lonely and suicidal - July 1st 2010, 12:33 AM

Maybe you should be seeking help from the doctor about this. These feelings aren't normal, and they may be able to help you cope.

As for the boyfriend issue... Guys suck. But seriously, (stereotypical saying warning!) there are other fish in the sea.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

Closed Thread