TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lu82 Offline
HI EVERYONE!
Experienced TeenHelper

im sick of this self-hatred - July 9th 2010, 03:02 AM

these few days i been felling so bad, i keep bringing myself down by saying that im worthless and ugly etc, etc etc I want to stop doing that but i just can't.

Guenhwyvar roared a fourth time and darted off through the grove, a black arrow aimed at the heart of doom.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
newbie552 Offline
choose wisely
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Robin

Re: im sick of this self-hatred - July 9th 2010, 05:26 AM

I know what you mean, I'll do the same. Tell myself I'm a horrible person, that no one cares about me, that I'm disgusing, etc. And ironicly, I also hate that about myself. So I'd be a hypocrite to say that I know a sure-fire way to get over it. But one thing that I try to do that seems to work is try to find things that I like about myself. Whether it's things like 'I like how this color looks on me", 'I'm good at this' or "I get enough sleep". When you tell yourself your worthless, try to counterattack it.

I'm here if you want to talk more. Feel free to pm me. I'm always listening.

You're amazing just the way you are

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Crescendo Offline
Walking The Line
Junior TeenHelper

Name: ...

Re: im sick of this self-hatred - July 10th 2010, 03:39 AM

Hey,

Great job reaching out for help! I'm sorry you've been feeling so down.

I can totally relate to what you're saying. It's so hard not to be down on myself. Two things that really helped me is remembering that I am a child of the universe and deserve compassion just like all the others creatures on this planet. The other thing that really helped was looking at pictures of myself as a little girl and remembering that child lives inside me today. I would never say such horrible things to a 4 year old, so I kind of start looking at myself as both a child and a loving parent of that child. It's also helped to give myself credit for things I do well. Everyday I write down: 1 thing I'm proud of myself for doing that day, 1 thing i'm grateful for, 1 thing that made me smile, and 1 thing i'm looking forward to. That helps me end the day on a positive note and sleep better. I also wrote a love letter to myself that i read frequently. it sounds silly, and it was very very difficult to find and go on about the good things in me, but once you have those words down i found they can give me sucha boost when i'm feeling down. hope one of these ideas might help you, feel free to vm or pm me anytime.

Megan

When the patient's body has betrayed them,
and all the sciencewe have to offer has failed them,
when worst-case scenario comes true,
clinging to hope is all we've got left.
-grey's.anatomy-

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lu82 Offline
HI EVERYONE!
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: im sick of this self-hatred - July 11th 2010, 12:39 AM

thanks to both, i can stand in front of a mirror and not find one single thing i like about myself, i hate the way i look the way i am i just seem to hate everything about myself i get so mad about myself all the time.

Guenhwyvar roared a fourth time and darted off through the grove, a black arrow aimed at the heart of doom.

Closed Thread