TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
roe Offline
standing in the rain
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Taylor

life has no point anymore - July 9th 2010, 05:25 AM

it's not like i'm rushing to die
i just don't feel like i have a set future

i know i'm not gonna be able to start school in the fall. i failed grade 9 because i can't do schoolwork without getting frustrated and mad at myself. so there's one thing i can cross out - education.

and i have severe social anxiety, and the hardest thing to do is make friends, because i can't carry a conversation, and believe me - i've tried.

i just don't see a point in life anymore

i don't feel like i have a point here

(#2 (permalink)) Old
hope begins Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hannah

Re: life has no point anymore - July 9th 2010, 12:52 PM

Hey. I understand the feeling that life is pointless and you're not really going anywhere. And I'm sorry things are so tough for you. I just wanted to say, though, that things can get better and you can find something that you want to and are able to do.

Are you getting any kind of help - therapy, etc - at the moment? Social anxiety and the other issues you're dealing with are manageable and can be overcome - I know it's hard and it's a long road and you might have to try different things but it isn't hopeless.

Try to believe in yourself. You're worth more than you think, and I'm sure you will find a way through this. Take care of yourself, I'm here if you need someone to talk to or anything.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: life has no point anymore - July 9th 2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roe View Post
it's not like i'm rushing to die
i just don't feel like i have a set future

i know i'm not gonna be able to start school in the fall. i failed grade 9 because i can't do schoolwork without getting frustrated and mad at myself. so there's one thing i can cross out - education.

and i have severe social anxiety, and the hardest thing to do is make friends, because i can't carry a conversation, and believe me - i've tried.

i just don't see a point in life anymore

i don't feel like i have a point here
I was in the same situation at your age. I still suck at socializing, can't meet strangers without fidgeting, stuttering, mumbling, hiding, and sometimes even crying out of nervousness. But school isn't too bad to catch up on from this point.

Honestly, I found I had an easier time doing school work when I went to "The Resource Room", which, more than anything, had ADHD kids and other kids that needed help, and a quiet place to work. I found being away from my classmates, who were always so mean to me, helped. As well as having someone to ask for in-depth help on my work if it was needed was good for me. If it hadn't been for finding a quiet place to get help, I probably would've never graduated high school.

I messed up so horribly, that I stopped caring about my marks, since I couldn't get through it and no one gave a damn to help me, that I skipped school. A lot. I failed alot of classes, in grade 9 and 10. Around grade 11, I started getting better, because my classes were more my choice, and the ones I didn't have a choice in (the compulsaries, I don't know what part of Canada you're in) seemed easier since there was less of them, and I could go to the Resource Room worst-case. I also had this one super-nice teacher who helped me when I didn't understand Trigonometry. He'd explain it quite well to me, to the point where I didn't need his help anymore, but forgot it all when it came to grade 12 Math, where my teacher was a jerk and wouldn't help me worth shit. I ended up failing his class.

Now I'm rambling. Anyways, point is, there is still hope. You're young, and have more years in front of you. Believe me, I had to stay an extra year in high school, but I wasn't the only one. And I ended up graduating still. And even ended up going to Tech College, graduated that with my welding certificates.

Education is quite a trying adventure, but you'll get through it, as long as you can figure out your needs and get your school to help you. Worst-case, talk to the principal and see what kind of arrangements can be made. Good luck!

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Crescendo Offline
Walking The Line
Junior TeenHelper

Name: ...

Re: life has no point anymore - July 10th 2010, 03:58 AM

Try Asking yourself "If I was happy, how would life be different than it is now?" It may be hard to imagine if you've been in emotional pain for a long time, but try to write as much as you can about what your life would be like. Then try to pick out the things in your "happy" life that you actually have control over and can work towards. Something like winning the lottery isn't realistic, but there are probably going to be several things that you do have control over. Make them specific and realistic goals and take small steps towards them each day.

You're not alone.
Megan

When the patient's body has betrayed them,
and all the sciencewe have to offer has failed them,
when worst-case scenario comes true,
clinging to hope is all we've got left.
-grey's.anatomy-

Closed Thread