TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Points: 24,318, Level: 22 Points: 24,318, Level: 22 Points: 24,318, Level: 22

lonely how do you keep happy on your own? - July 4th 2010, 10:12 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i prefer to be alone lately i like my space though i enjoy my dads company, when he's not here im completely alone, though i enjoy the space i do ge lonely idont bother with my "friends" anymore they dont associate with me unless i make the first move its too much of a bothers its like im not worth it for them, they've never made the effort to make first contact with me and i've gotten tired of bending over backwards for them, im lonely but i like BEING alone i just dont like FEELING alone...confusing right? any suggestions? how can i keep myself busy

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Points: 11,407, Level: 15 Points: 11,407, Level: 15 Points: 11,407, Level: 15

Re: lonely how do you keep happy on your own? - July 4th 2010, 10:23 AM

Having good friends who are nice, share interests and are willing to talk always helps. Honestly when I feel lonely I end up coming online to talk to friends on TH. Sometimes when the only friends you have are being difficult, you might prefer being alone to avoid the hassle, but still wish you had company. Maybe try to find some people you really enjoy being with and spend time with them when you feel alone.

Currently inactive...
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Points: 24,318, Level: 22 Points: 24,318, Level: 22 Points: 24,318, Level: 22

Re: lonely how do you keep happy on your own? - July 4th 2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSeph View Post
Having good friends who are nice, share interests and are willing to talk always helps. Honestly when I feel lonely I end up coming online to talk to friends on TH. Sometimes when the only friends you have are being difficult, you might prefer being alone to avoid the hassle, but still wish you had company. Maybe try to find some people you really enjoy being with and spend time with them when you feel alone.

well i live in a small town and i try to do that but its like they dont have time for me im everyone's second choice , my only friend i feel welcome with lives in kansas and i live in canada...

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
kathryn Offline
crazy cat lady.
Not a n00b

Name: Kathryn

Points: 10,186, Level: 14 Points: 10,186, Level: 14 Points: 10,186, Level: 14

Re: lonely how do you keep happy on your own? - July 4th 2010, 01:33 PM

I feel the same way. Very often I'm the one they call because no one else is around. But, if I didn't atleast have that I'd have nothing.

I just go on the computer. Regardless of how stereotypical it may be atleast it keeps me occupied.. I read alot of news stories... I listen to podcasts so I don't feel so alone.

i agree with you that it's not so bad hanging out alone at home sometimes but I feel really alone in general. It's rough, but you're not the only one.

~kathryn

four million+ will be killed in shelters this year.
don't shop. adopt.

spay & neuter saves lives.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Points: 16,726, Level: 18 Points: 16,726, Level: 18 Points: 16,726, Level: 18

Re: lonely how do you keep happy on your own? - July 5th 2010, 04:12 AM

I don't think it's confusing at all -- I too enjoy being alone, but I definitely hate feeling alone. For me, it's a distinction between "solitude" (good) and "loneliness" (not so much...). I identify solitude as the times when I choose to be alone. For example, I enjoy hiking solo and being alone in nature. I also prefer to have the option to keep to myself late at night (as in, NOT living in a dorm room with a roommate) I feel lonely when I'm forced to be alone, when no other option exists, eg. having no friends in town to hang out with over the weekend, transferring to a new school where I don't know anyone.

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.
Closed Thread