TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I don't bite :)
Average Joe

Name: Lucy

Unhappy think im depressed, getting worse. - August 12th 2010, 01:48 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I had to give up my horse , it wasn't my choice and if i could of done something to stop it i would of, that horse was my lifeline. and now every time i think of him i just cry

Ok most of you wont understand this but i had an incredible bond with this animal and he has been ripped away from me, its like when a best friend goes to live over seas or something.

But now i just feel so down and horrid, i dont want to do anything i just stay inside i cant be bothered seeing my friends and ive lost my appetite , and usualy im proper greedy lol. but yeah its getting me so down, and i know a lot of peopkle on here wont understand but

when should i get worried about this, is it me just grieving , it feels like the pain is never going to go, and i just have no motiviation to do anything, so cant get my mind of it.

when i was going through a bad time about 6 months ago the only reason (i thought) i didnt end my life was becayse of that horse, he needed me, so now im scared if something bad happens theres not going to eb anything to stop me. im scaring myself talking like that, but basically i was getting bullied i guess , it got sorted and school is great now and i have great friends but what if something bad happens, im scared my grandma is going to die, and that is going to break me and i have nothing to fall back on

crying just thinking about all this , just wondering if i should be worried about these feelings
  Send a message via MSN to SatelliteHeart♥  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
katniss Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sarah

Re: think im depressed, getting worse. - August 12th 2010, 02:07 PM

Hi there Lucy. I'm so sorry about your horse... I know first-hand how animals become part of the family, and so I would never belittle your grief over losing him. It's normal to be sad, and grieve the loss of an animal when it's taken away from you like he was, but to me it sounds like you've had some problems before, as well?
If you think you are in danger of feeling that low again (to the point of thinking about suicide), I think you should definitely find a therapist or a psychologist to talk to. We all need some help from time to time, and a therapist could help you try to figure out how much of your depression comes from grief, and how much was already there.
Also, if you ever need anyone to talk to, PM me... I can sort of relate to how you're feeling, and I know it can be hard to talk about things like that to a very close friend.. sometimes it's easier to talk to someone you don't know very well.
I hope that helped, and I hope things get better for you.

Closed Thread