TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ShatteredSmile Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I'm scared... - August 29th 2010, 04:37 AM

Tomorrow, I am moving into my dorm room because I started college very soon. I am excited for college. I am moving in a week early because I got accepted onto the leadership. My roommate is not moving in until; next Saturday.

The thing is....

I have depression and I fear being alone. I will be alone this whole week. I am scared of that...and when I get scared and I am alone with no one to comfort me, It can lead to to me becoming more depressed. I am scared...I dont know what to do...I dont know how to deal with depression, when, fears can result in depression.

any advice is helpful....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: I'm scared... - August 29th 2010, 04:49 AM

Well, do you have any hobbies? Painting, Drawing, Writing, Crafting, etc..? Also, the right songs can help raise spirits.

Good luck in college!

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: I'm scared... - August 29th 2010, 11:57 AM

Hi there.

First off, congratulations on being accepted into a leadership position. That's an amazing accomplishment, and definitely something you should be very proud of! Take ownership of this new role, and do what you can to improve your campus -- you certainly seem as though you have the capability to!

I'm going into my sophomore year of college, and here's the (sometimes good and sometimes bad) thing about dorms -- you're never alone! Your roommate might not be there, but I can promise you there are going to be about five million other residents around, and I'm SURE that your resident's assistant (RA) will be there since you guys are moving in early! So, move your stuff in and get situated first -- be sure to hang up pictures of you and your friends and family back home to avoid homesickness, and do stay in touch with them via cell phone, email, or Skype! Once you've done that, it might be a good idea to go ahead and get to know your RA! Your RA can introduce you to some of the other residents so you'll always have someone nearby, and your RA is also a GREAT person to talk to if you're ever feeling lonely/depressed/just need a listening ear. If they feel as though you need further medical attention, they can also direct you to someone who can help you out. Seriously, a great move-in.

So, not to worry, you definitely won't be alone. I hope you have a fabulous move in day. Rock out your new campus!

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Silver Halide Offline
Average Joe

Re: I'm scared... - August 29th 2010, 01:13 PM

I had to move into my dorm early when I first went to University. You will not be alone there as others have said. There will be a few others people in your dorm moving in earlier too for various reasons. Among those will be your unnaturally peppy RA. They will most definitely try to hang out with you all week. It's something they do.

Plus, you have so many exciting things to look forward to. You are especially lucky since you made it into a leadership position. Congratulations! College is going to be very fun for you.

Closed Thread