TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Leslie

Unhappy Im Going to DIE! - November 8th 2010, 08:05 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I cant do this anymore. Im tired of it. no one cares about me. I cant express my feeling. Im going to die! I gotta let go! I cant take it anymore.

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

You learn at a certain pace. Then that pace goes away. Then

you try and try to do everything you can. Then it gets harder.

Then you give up. Then its all over.

Leslie
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lovehatelife23 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I'm Me <3
Not a n00b

Name: Marisa

Re: Im Going to DIE! - November 8th 2010, 11:23 PM

Hey Leslie,

I totally undestand whatur going through. I've been there a couple times myself. Maybe if you just asked someone if they would listen to you- a school councelor, parents, friend- then maybe you would feel better. Don't end your life, there would be so many good things you'll miss out on. Keep holding on and help will find it's way to you.

If I smiled and said I'm fine, would you look in to my eyes, and say "Tell the truth"?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Im Going to DIE! - November 9th 2010, 04:27 AM

Hey Leslie

I don't know what you are going through, but I can assure you that suicide is not the answer. Have you considered calling a hotline?
Here is a list of hotlines. LINK

Take care. PM me if you have any questions.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Leslie

Unhappy Re: Im Going to DIE! - November 13th 2010, 01:52 AM

I've had done my best. I just don't seem like I need to be here. I try my best all the time. I am very Depressed right now like I want to end it. I just don't think anyone would care if i died. I kno my mom wouldn't. Me and her has been best friends for a long time and now she's not my best friend anymore bc she's not treating me right. She seems like she doesn't love me. I try to give her a hug and she tells me to get off of her. My dad would care and everyone else. But I tried to give my life up alot of times but it seems like I can't. I just don't care anymore. I've lost my faith and my will to love. I just see myself to make it any longer. I don't care anymore. I'm tired of this. If it don't get any better what am I suppose to do. Just sit here and let it kill me. I don't think so. I gotta do something.

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

You learn at a certain pace. Then that pace goes away. Then

you try and try to do everything you can. Then it gets harder.

Then you give up. Then its all over.

Leslie
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lovehatelife23 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Finches Offline
I'm All Ears
Average Joe

Re: Im Going to DIE! - November 13th 2010, 02:32 AM

Leslie,

I'm sorry that you're going through this right now. Suicide is definitely a comforting thought when everything else seems wrong, and there seems to be no hope or light at the end of the tunnel.

The truth of the matter is, there is always a hope or a light at the end of the tunnel. You are going through a low phase of your life where everything seems wrong. The laws that govern life say that if you're at a low point, there's always a high point. When you're experiencing that high, perhaps in the near future, you'll look back in retrospect and think that it was totally worth it to live life.

Thus, every suicide is a decision that can be regretted, for there is always a better time in the future to be experienced. We just have to make a journey to that point. When we get there, when you get there, it'll always be worth it. The feelings of happiness are such that when we experience it, every negative feeling in the past seems trivial.

I encourage you to have the patience and courage to look for that high point in the future. It may be tomorrow, it may be after you read this, or it may be several years. The bottomline is, it's worth it feel happy, however hard happiness may be to achieve. Don't make the wrong decision because surely you'll regret it. If every suicidal individual could see themselves happy in the future by some magical time machine, we would have zero suicides (due to depression) in the world.

Wait for it.

I hope that helped,
D C

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Sleepwalker Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Im Going to DIE! - November 13th 2010, 02:52 AM

Have you tried talking to your mom about how you're feeling? It honestly does feel better to let people in on your thoughts, even though they might not be pleasant ones. Keeping things bottled up just makes it worse. Talk to someone... Your mom, dad, friends, teacher, etc. Anyone. Be blunt, if you can't think of a nice way to say something. You don't have to explain all the in's-and-out's of what you're thinking/feeling, but give them an idea at least. Give them a chance to help, and give yourself a chance to recieve help.

When I was suicidal before, I got to the point where I couldn't stand it anymore. I felt like I was suffocating, drowning. I needed to do something RIGHT THEN, because I couldn't take it anymore. I didn't think I could survive.

So I blurted to a friend that I was thinking about killing myself. I didn't bother trying to lead up to the conversation. I didn't make it sound graceful. I didn't try to make it sound any better than it really was, because I knew it was terrible. I didn't even know what else I would say to them after that. All I could say was, "I'm thinking about killing myself." That's it. But just that simple sentence was the start of healing and getting help. It was out there. And I realized a lot of people that I thought didn't care, really did. And that there were a lot of people willing to help. And I'd imagine the people in your life would try to help as well.

Be gentle with yourself. Take deep breaths. Keep talking to us... Feel free to message me if you'd like.

How far do I have to go to make you understand?
I wanna make this work so much it hurts...
But I just can't keep on giving, go on living with the way things are.
So I'm gonna walk away, and it's up to you to say how far...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
radhika Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Your Friend

Re: Im Going to DIE! - November 13th 2010, 02:03 PM

My dear Leslie,
Don't you feel overly depressed....i know that you are going through a very tough period in your life, and at the moment you must be feeling that there is nothing to live and work for in this life....but i can guarantee you that life is gonna be really very beautiful for you in the coming future.....you will find a reason to live for soon...you know the phase that you are going through is just a phase of life called the test phase, where the God is just testing you that weather you are strong enough to endure what is more for you ahead in your life...and you have to go through it and show him that you are really very worthy of it....and you have got that will power that he just wants to see in you....okay..??
and you know life is waiting out for you.....you've got to become something, then make a career for yourself...then you've got to fall in love, and raise a good family....people who will be depending on you for everything.....there is so much ahead.....and you have to pass through this stage to get to that level....
so quit all those suicidal thoughts, and take a deep breath, and make a resolution that you are going to start afresh from this moment onwards....
i hope that you listen to me, and appreciate your life....

your friend,
Radhika.

in case you want to talk to me, just mail me at
radhikagupta88@yahoo.in

there are many people that need you, Leslie.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Sweet Brown Eyes
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tiwanna

Re: Im Going to DIE! - November 13th 2010, 09:20 PM

Hello, I am sorry that you are going through these problems. First, you need to think about who you have to live for and if they are worth living for. Live for today and not for yesterday, so the ones you have in your life still see the person that makes them happy. I have had a lot of problems in my life that inhibits me form doing a lot of things that I once loved to do. You have to be cofident and not give up. Never give up. The ones who keeps their heads above the water makes it on the ship. Just take one day at a time. When there is a negative, a positve follows. If you want to talk, or share your feelings with, I am here.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Im Going to DIE! - November 13th 2010, 09:55 PM

Have you tried talking to your mom and asking her why she's being so dismissive towards you? Maybe you could try and reason with her, tell her it is hurting you and making you feel this way. I'm sure she still cares more than you know, maybe she's just going through a hard time or feels like you don't want to talk to her.
People would care if you died, people need you around and it wouldn't be easy for them to move on from it. Some people never do after someone you love has died. You have to keep that in mind, remember all the positive things and the positive people in your life and try to hang in there. There's always better days coming. You'll never get to experience a happy, fufilling life if you just give up.
Also, the way I see it, it would be an insult to those men and women who died in the war so you could live in a free Country...it'd be an insult to them if you gave up. They didn't die for us just so you could kill yourself. There's SO much more out there to live for, and things do get better even if you don't want to believe it right now. I was there, so I know. I was severely depressed once too.
If you want someone to talk to, just feel free to PM me.

Closed Thread