TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I'm Me <3
Not a n00b

Name: Marisa

Question scared senseless - November 15th 2010, 07:33 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

If you've read my threads before then you know I'm suicidal. So i stayed home from school today because I had a headache and cramps. My headache got worse throughout the day, and I'd usually take a painkiller. But since I've been suicidal, I've been scared of the medicine cabinet because I'm afraid I'll take more than needed and overdose. But my headache is killing me, and I'm positive if I get into the medicine I'll overdose, even if someone is watching me. What should I do??

If I smiled and said I'm fine, would you look in to my eyes, and say "Tell the truth"?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
kitkat_kate Offline
Average Joe

Name: Katie

Re: scared senseless - November 15th 2010, 09:22 PM

I think this is a really hard situation to be in and I'm so sorry you are struggling. I applaud you for trying to stay in control and not hurting yourself. That shows a strong will to live. If you are truly that scared, might I recommend talking to someone? An adult or friend could be your first step. Seeking help will enable you to deal with these feelings. No one should ever feel like they want to die.

In the meantime, if your headache is incredibly bad, try drinking water and taking a nap. If you want a pain killer, ask a parent to get some for you? Or to be with you. You'd be amazed at what another person's presence might do.

Keep yourself safe and remember that this problem is ONLY temporary.

I wish you the best.

i am not my scars and my history
i am, i am, i am who i am...i am who i am.
there are true things inside of me;
i have been afraid to see.

Send a message via MSN to kitkat_kate Send a message via Skype™ to kitkat_kate 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: scared senseless - November 15th 2010, 10:13 PM

You cannot overdose if you take, say, one Advil for the headache. There's no way you could overdose on just one. Overdosing would be taking half a bottle or more than the recommended dosage.
If you really don't want to take painkillers, I find tea works for me. If I drink a nice hot cup of green tea, it really soothes me and it calms me down a bit. Tea also seems to help make me feel a bit happier, give me a boost. Or a nap, that can help too.

Closed Thread